09: Healing

The Cullens finally left, and Jasper didn't want to. He eve apologized but Carlisle was persistent. They were all scared Jasper would slip again. Even though Abigail is Jasper's mate, the healing process will happen. It may take time, but it won't be as bad because Abigail and Jasper haven't had time to really connected. But she's still broken.
*******.

October.

Abigail sits in her window seat and looks out at the leaves falling and the scarce trick or treaters Emily would hand candy out to. She feels numb, she broken. She doesn't know what to do without Jasper. Her imprint.

Jared watches from the doorway, having no idea how to help her.

November.

Abigail is laying in her bed, crying, numb. Jared is holding her closely, letting her cry into his chest. Sam watches from the door, he sighs before he goes to call Billy. Billy likes the monthly and weekly updates on how bad Abigail is doing after her imprint left.

December.

Abigail is in the living room now, she finally got up and walked downstairs. Emily saw how pale Abi was and how she was shivering, and she lit a fire. Jared is proud that she finally left her room. The next step is a shower.
........

On the first of January, on New Year's Day, Abigail took a much needed hot shower. Emily is cooking up a storm in the kitchen, Abigail is hungry. Jared is relieved; it's been three months and this is the first thing Abigail has eaten. She has drank water to stay alive but no food.

Abigail puts on some black leggings, a blue training bra, and a blue vneck T-shirt before going downstairs. Jared kisses her head in a brotherly manner before he tugs the wolf into the kitchen. Emily has pulled food into a plate.

Pulled barbecue chicken, mashed potatoes, shoestring green beans, baked beans, shells and cheese, a hamburger, some pickles, and a slice of bread. There is a glass of soda beside the plate. Abigail's stomach growls loudly.

"This is all hers," Emily tells the boys.

"I know, Em," Embry replies. "Good to see ya, Abi."

Abi smiles tightly before sitting at the plate. She drinks some of the soda before she begins to shovel food in. Emily watches in awe and Sam walks in. Sam stays quiet as he watches, he even smiles at the sight of Abigail finally eating.

"Jared," Abi says as she swallows some food, "can we run as wolves tomorrow? I need to..."

"I know," Jared replies. "We can run."

Abigail smiles warmly at Jared, for the first time in months, Abigail feels genuinely happy. Abi thanks Emily before she goes outside, in the back yard. She inhales deeply, enjoying the fresh air she has missed these past few months.

Jared sits on the bench on the back porch and he watches Abigail with curious eyes.