My soul hurts..

•Dustberry
•angst
•warning: death
/////////////////////////////////////////////////

Blue continued to cough viciously as he clutched his shirt in pain. Dust had a worried expression on his face as he rubbed Blue's back, repeating the words "I'm sorry".

Blue always goes into his fits of coughs during a fight. It gets worse every time they argue. But they've been arriving at random times now...not even when they argue.

Blue covered his mouth as he felt something come out of it. He moved his hand back and happen to see black goo. He quickly hid it as he began to shake in fear. He knew what was going to happen... he didn't want it to..

"B - blue..? Babe? Is everything okay?" Dust asked softly, a frown visible on his face. Blue smiled weakly and nodded, "just cold...there's nothing to worry about Dusty.." he lied. Blue was going to die soon. He didn't want to tell Dust..not yet at least. He's been slowly dying for a couple of weeks, black goo building up inside his soul. Sci couldn't do anything about it. He told blue he was going to die in a few weeks...and Blue guesses this is his week. His last week.

"You know I love you...right? Even after our meaningless arguments?" Dust asked, pulling him into a hug. "I know dusty...I know.." Blue blinked back his tears as he kissed Dust's cheek, "I love you too..."

~

"Blueberry?!" Dust shouted from the kitchen once he heard Blue coughing. He peaked his head out the door way and saw something that shook him...black streaks making their way down his face from his eye sockets. Dust ran over to him and held his hands. "You're going to be okay! Just chill out! Maybe that'll help for now.." he said and grabbed his phone, getting ready to call Sci.

Blueberry smiled and grabbed Dust's phone. "It's okay Dust...I love you." He said, starting to sob.

"What's going on baby? What's wrong? Does it hurt? Let me call him!" Dust said in a panicked tone, his voice slightly cracking as tears began to gather up in his eyes.

"My soul hurts Dust.."

And all of a sudden... poof

Dust paused for a moment, seeing sprinkles of dust hitting the couch. "W - wait...no...no nO NO! DONT LEAVE ME! PLEASE!" He sobbed out, his hands picking up the dust.

"Please.."
____________________________________

•for some reason I've been in a angsty mood-