Opportunities of a Lifetime

Drew

I really am letting myself go aren't I? Ever since I had found out about May and Brendan getting married that I felt myself slip out of the arrogant and egomaniac guy I used to be.

It really is getting to me and I just wish that she would have chosen me instead. But it was partly my fault. I had just let it happen, I was frustrated at myself. Why did I have to go and yell at her like that? Why? I was just overcome with anger. Yeah, as well as jealousy..

I wanted to pull my hair out of frustration, I had known May for a long time. Now, I'm twenty-two years old,. Living peacefully in an apartment home in La Rousse. It has actually been twelve years since I had met her and three years since she had married Brendan.

And seven years since I had actually yelled at her. I had seen both of them being all lovey-dovey together. Such as holding hands, hugging, and kissing...

Seeing them together just made my blood boil in anger. I just can't explain this feeling...

I was standing in the door frame of my bedroom a couple hours later until I hear a phone ring, I pick it up and say into the phone," Hello?" I hear a sniffle before a cracky voice answered,"D-D-rew." My ears picked up the voice. The voice was a too familiar voice I knew too well. It was May. 

"May? What's the matter?", I asked concern laced in my voice, and it was clearly showing I was concerned through my facial expression. 

"Brendan and I..", she started then there was a silence. "What? What did he do?", I asked getitng angry at Brendan for hurting May. "We-we..got a divorce.", she answered but I can hear her quietly crying on the other end.

May was divorced. May was divorced?! 

I stumbled backwards in surprise. "What?!", I nearly screamed into the phone. "We got into a really big fight a couple weeks ago, I found out he had filed a divorce just now.", she said explaining meekly. 

I finally found the shock leaving me and I was able to form words again," Okay. I'll be right there." All i did was hung up the phone and grabbed my coat before rushing out the door towards May's house.

-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-

I got to her house and knocked on the door, I saw May shaking due to all of the crying she had been doing.

Her first love had ended so horrible, I felt so bad and I felt so mad at Brendan for hurting her. May looked at me with her sapphire blue eyes , tears still glistening in her eyes. She looked so fragile, I looked into her eyes and I grabbed her hand.

She looked at me in shock, "Drew what are-?", she started to question me on what i was doing. But I put a finger to her lips.

She kept her eyes on me her eyes clearly showing confusion. "May..remember that time when I had asked you out to that restaurant?" She nodded her head slowly. "May..", I bit my lip and hesitated to tell her but realized it was already too late due to me already starting to confess.

"May...I wanted you to become my girlfriend..not Brendan. May I liked you ever since we met! May we were ten when we met.. I just didn't realize that I actually loved you until we older. But May I love you.", I said with some confidence in my voice, but I had lost that confidence by the second sentence.

May stared at me in shock, then she shook her head. I sighed and I felt a sharp pain in my chest, she shook her head to decline my feeling for her. She probably just likes me as a friend.. I looked down kind of embarassed. That is until I felt a finger on my chin, it was May tilting my head up. She looked at me with the blue eys I had gotten lost i so many times that I can't even tell you how many times I had stared at her eyes while we argued when we were younger.

"Drew. I never knew about htese feelings of yours. When we were younger I had to admit but you did look cute.-" i smirked. She rolled her eyes but continued," When you had yelled at me, I had no one to really go to so I just went to Brendan for comfort. He took me in with open arms. Time went by so quickly that even I didn't even realize I was married. I guess..I love you too Drew. I have always loved you and I will you forever."

I smile at the sincerity in her words and in her voice. I grabbed both of her hands and laced it through mine. I leaned in and we kissed. I sighed in relief. This had been twelve years too long..

---------------------------------------------------------------

How was this sequel? I hope I did alright! :) 

-LilMissLunaRose