Chapter 1

Hey, guys! This is QueenVacker23! This is my first story and I appreciate constructive criticism! Shout-out to Tikira0fMiraculous and pastelaesthetic1 for being my beta readers and helping me edit! Thank you so much guys! And without further delay, I give you: Upholding the Legacy: A Miraculous Ladybug Fanfic.

The sound of birds and summer filled my ears as I enjoyed the peace of the afternoon. I closed my eyes to better relax. Thinking back, I couldn’t remember the last time my crazy life had given me an afternoon to just chill… and the sound of birds in mid August was something I rarely got to hear. You see, I used to live in the busy city of Los Angeles, where all I could ever hear was the sounds of honking cars and sirens blaring. I’ve sang, modeled, and acted in L.A. for big corporate industries since I was about 7. But now, everything is changing… and hopefully for the better. 

I just moved to Fairridge, Colorado. Fairridge is located half an hour west outside of Denver. Winks Animation wanted me to come and voice act in a studio out in Denver for a kids cartoon. My dad is one of the executive producers of this new cartoon I’m voice acting in. He’s kind of a new producer so this could be his big chance to show people what he can do. He has been working really hard on this new show so I hope this works out for him. That’s why we moved here. It’s been a change going from the big city to Fairridge… but not a bad change. I’m still modeling, singing, and acting, so that’s cool… and because of my past experiences, it’s been easy to find gigs. Over the years, I’ve worked myself up and put myself out there to the point where I’m kinda famous. But that’s really how most of my family is.

My mom stays home with my twelve year old brother, Jaxon. She is an outdoor enthusiast, an absolute girly-girl, and an ex-model. She used to model when she was 14 -my age- and she’s the one who convinced me to start modeling in the first place. I really owe the start and success of my career to her.

Jaxon didn’t care much about California and the move because he didn't have many friends. Ever since he was five, he's been homeschooled by a private tutor. Jaxon loves comic books about superheroes. The only thing that will get him to look up from one is food, camping, or annoying me. At least he isn’t obsessed with electronics and video games like the other boys his age are. 

My dad is the kind of guy to go through a bad situation and still think that it happened for the best, he’s also always saying “You won’t know until you try” and has a positive outlook on everything. I really hope we will have enough time to hang out, what with his new job and all. 

My whole family loves camping and their positive attitude has started to rub off on me… Colorado might not be so bad. So like I said, my family’s kinda odd, but we’re all very close to each other.

My new house is basically a mansion and is located in the foothills of Fairridge in a very fancy, and very wealthy neighborhood. The house is on a 5 acre plot of land and has many bunnies hopping around the property. Occasionally you can find a deer or two prancing around too. My room is the entire freaking attic! It is humongous and has amazing views of the Rockies from my back window, and of Fairridge from my windows on the front. 

Because our house and property is so big, and because my family’s famous, we have house staff and bodyguards. The staff consists of maids, cooks, chauffeurs, and groundskeepers. Most of them, like the maids and groundskeepers, arrived a week before we did, for the maids to clean the house and unpack some of the stuff that we don’t use on a regular basis, and for the groundskeepers to start on the front and backyards. The cooks came a couple days before to settle in and start preparing meal plans. In all, there are 12 maids(6 girls, 6 guys), 10 groundskeepers, 3 chauffeurs, and 20 cooks and servers. That’s a total of 45 other people besides my family around the house, and that’s not including the bodyguards. Our bodyguards are arriving tomorrow, but that’s ok because very few people know that my family has moved to this specific place, so we won’t need protection yet. There will be one for each of us, and then 2 stationed and the house. 6 bodyguards total, so that’s a whomping 51 other people around. Our personal bodyguards will have to somewhat blend in, so they will be each of our ages and genders. The teenagers have been training for a long time, so they will be fit to protect us. I kind of find that hard to believe about the 12 year old boy that is coming to protect Jaxon, or the 15 year old girl that will be with me 24/7.