Introduction

"I imagine death so much it feels like a memory

"I imagine death so much it feels like a memory."

...

Maddox didn't know what was to come when he stepped foot in New Orleans. For months he has been feeling a pull, normally, he only felt this when death was near. However that didn't really make sense because he was halfway across the country, Maddox had decided to follow his instincts and follow the pull.

The minute he stepped foot in New Orleans he was overcome with death and destruction. The feeling of loss from loved ones that still lived and the screams from the ones that didn't fill his mind.

He had made his way through town trying to figure out what exactly was causing this however he quickly figured it out. The town smelled of death and magic meaning one thing. The supernatural were here.

You see there are many downsides of being the grim reaper. For years he was doomed to loneliness, doomed to walk this earth alone for all of eternity. Although the witches and werewolves could see him they were all terrified. Witches stayed clear of him for they knew he was just fulfilling the need from nature. For no creature could live forever on this earth.

But when the original witch decided to burden her children with a curse it didn't only change them it also changed Maddox. The spirits were angry, balance was disrupted and Maddox was seen. Now he should have been happy about this yet the people saw the skull mask lying upon his face and his hood draped over his head they ran. For in their eyes he was a monster more of a monster then the originals themselves.

However, he never asked for this burden. He wished every day this was placed upon another for every day he was forced to watch as others had lived their lives and moved on while he stayed and suffered.

The humans continued with their stories of the grim reaper the monster who came and took you away. Centuries past and he soon became a myth, he blended in with the humans hid from the world.

For he was afraid of the rejection and the fear that crossed everyone's faces at the sight of him. However, he did find it funny how humans came up with the idea of him carrying a giant pickax.

After centuries of loneliness, he learned to accept it, to use the fear to his advantage. After all, no one would believe a human had seen the Grim Reaper, the myth himself.

He could always see their time ticking down every time he looked at them and he used this to his advantage he played with them, he toyed with their minds for fun. And when that clock ticked down to the very last second he fulfilled his duty to nature.

And now with the overwhelming feeling of death oncoming, he had decided that New Orleans was now his playground.