Chapter Seven

Chapter Seven // Elsa's Past

Jack

"Mer, fix my wing...please!" I exclaim. She giggles. "Maybe later," she replies. I roll my eyes, and sit on the floor by shelf I broke a few days ago.

"Do you know how much time that will take? And plus- I'm starting the potion for Elsa's elixir. It takes time Jack," she explains. I scoff. "Elsa's elixir can wait," I murmur. She rolls her eyes. "Actually, it can't. Because if it's not made in time, she'll die. And she's a sweet girl...that would be such a tragedy," Merida says.

I internally groan.

Whatever.

Then I hear a knock on the door, and Merida's eyes dart towards the noise. "It's probably them. Come in!" she exclaims. The door opens, and in walks Hiccup, Elsa, and this random human girl I've never seen before.

"Hold up- who's this?!" Merida exclaims. "It's a long story, but we have to keep her with us. She's seen things a human shouldn't witness...like Elsa cutting off people's heads with her wings," Hiccup says, his voice sounding drained.

"What?!?!" Merida screeches. Elsa was looking at her feet in downcast. "I had to. I didn't know what else to do," Elsa whispers. Merida sighs. "It's okay...we can talk about that later. But I'm hoping you got some blood?" Merida asks. Elsa nods.

She hands Merida the container, and its halfway full of blood. "Human blood only," Elsa mutters.

I take a look at the human girl, who awkwardly has her hands folded in front of her. "I'm Rapunzel I guess? I have no idea what's going on, all I know is Elsa saved me," she says.

Merida nods. "Well I'm Merida, and this is Jack," she greets. Rapunzel looks over to me, and seems to be taken back by my presence.

"Hi," I say, lazily waving at her. She stares at me in awe. "Your wings are so cool! I didn't know Angels had those kind of wings," she says.

"That's because I'm half Angel, half Demon," I explain.

Her mouth drops. "Epic!!" she shouts. I chuckle.

"Wait how can she see you guys? I thought humans can't see supernaturals," Elsa asks.

I see Merida turn to her. "She has the gift of special sight," Merida states.

Rapunzel frowns. "What's that?" she asks.

"One of the God given gifts I guess. You can see supernaturals. I mean- anyone can see Elsa since Elsa is also part human, and me because I am human. But being able to see Jack and Hiccup isn't usual," Merida explains.

Rapunzel looks mind blown.

Merida smiles at her. "Let me show you around," she says to Rapunzel. Rapunzel hurriedly follows her.

"Well..I guess that's my cue," Hiccup says, about to leave. Elsa stops him by grabbing his arm. "Why do you always try to leave?" she asks him. He pulls his arm away. "Because, this-" he says, gesturing to all of us.

"Is not what I stand for. I should have reported you, Jack, AND Merida the day i MET you guys. I'm just trying to stay level headed, but everything that's going on here is illegal," he says.

"I can't be apart of it," he finishes.

"But you already are. And I need a friend," Elsa says, staring at him sadly. He sighs. "Can you just help me get what I need to make this elixir? I have nobody else. We can meet up here every day..." she utters.

Hiccup groans. "I'll just stay with you to make sure you don't decapitate any heads," he replies. Elsa lightly giggles, but you can see she's still obviously bothered about the whole thing. He then walks out, shutting the shack door.

It was silent, and Elsa slides against the wall, sitting on the floor. "Why do you look so miserable?" I ask her. She sighs. "Because my life is miserable. And I just killed people," she says, collapsing on the floor.

"Don't be dramatic. Killing isn't that bad, especially when they deserve it," I say.

"I don't kill..." she starts. "I'm partly Angel. This is horrible," she sighs.

I see tears rim her eyes.

I sigh. "Don't tell me you're actually crying," I say to her. She blinks back her tears and lets out a deep breath.

She then stares at me with a straight face. "So what's your story angel demon?" she asks, somewhat grinning at me trying to change the sad atmosphere.

I chuckle. "I feel like you're more interesting. Tell me your story," I say.

She shrugs.

"My mother is the Angel Chief, for one," she starts. My eyes widen. "Wow. Interesting. She was also very big in the decision to have me burn in the eternal flames," I utter, letting out a chuckle.

"She thinks I'm dead," Elsa mentions.

I raise a brow.

"My dad was human obviously.. and imagine what chaos would have broken out if the council found out that she didn't have a pure breed child. I mean- she is one of the chiefs," she continues.

"She left me with my father on earth.. and she gave him lots of elixir to give to me, but when he died, she stopped," she explains.

I raise an eyebrow. "How old were you when he died?" I ask. She sighs. "Around ten.. and after that I started going to heaven to get some from my half sister... she agreed to let our mother think I was dead. And I lived in the covered house that she left for my mother since then," Elsa states.

"Wow," I reply. "So what- you just grew up alone?" he asks.

She nods.

"It's not been very fun, living in isolation. Even the slightest mistake could cause a human to notice me, and if they start commotion it would be easy to be found," she mentions.

I stare at her, seeing her eyes rim with tears once again.

I felt slight pity for her.

"And here I am at 22, just now finally interacting with someone besides my angel sister in heaven. I don't really understand anything of how the world works," she utters, putting her head in her knees and wrapping her arms around herself.

I open my mouth to speak, being interrupted by the shed door opening.

Rapunzel and Merida walk in, still talking.

Elsa sighs, looking at the clock.

"It's midnight, I'm gonna head out," she says. Merida nods.

"I'll come with you Elsa," Rapunzel exclaims.

"I'll see you guys tomorrow? I'll try and find more blood," Elsa says.

"Alright. See you," Merida replies. I give a light wave, watching them walk out.

As soon as they shut the door, Merida looks towards me.

"So... you warming up to Elsa huh?" Merida teases, wiggling her eyebrows at me.

I scoff. "I'll eat my own puke before what you just said can amuse me," I retort.

Merida rolls her eyes. "Denial," she says, before walking out.