chapter two | the choice

"there..you look gorgeous."Zoey said as she turned me around in the chair so I could look at myself in the mirror.

"I don't feel pretty.."I said feeling sad as I thought about Vanessa. "Why is this happening to me?"I asked Zoey as I frowned.

"I can't say..I'm not supposed to tell-"

"Please! Your the only person I trust at the moment. You seem genuine."I told her and she sighed.

"From what I heard Robyn, the girl who killed your friend and took you..the originally plan was to kill you and your friend. But she changed her mind once she saw how you scared you looked. You changed her mind somehow and that NEVER happens. Trust me. Unless your family but she doesn't even know you."

"I wish she would've killed me honesty.."I said truthfully as I put my head down. "Aw hun, don't y'all like that."Zoey said as she rubbed me on the shoulder.

"But it's true..I have nobody anymore. I grew up with nobody, the only person who took me in was Vanessa and her family..i never knew my parents. They died a few months after I was born..so I was basically an orphan. I lived with my abusive uncle and aunt but they didn't care about me they only took care of me for money. so I always stayed at Vanessa's house. Then once I turned eighteen I moved out and got an apartment with Vanessa and we lived together. Now she's dead and I'm all alone."I told Zoey and she frowned.

"But your not alone Onika. I can be your friend. And really I'm not supposed to be even better talking to you but I don't care. I really like you. You remind me a lot of me."She said and I smiled.

"Thank you Zoey."I said and she smiled.

Hearing a knock at the door. Zoey went to the door and opened it, revealing the guy from earlier.

"Bully..we just finished up."She told him and he nodded.

"Come on"He told me and I nodded. "Bye"I mouthed to Zoey and she smiled. I walked off with the "Bully" guy and I held my head down.

"Is she going to kill me?"I asked quietly. And Bully looked back at me. "Why you talking to me?"He asked rudely and I frowned.

"I'm s-sorry I didn't mean to make you mad-"

"Don't talk. Just keep walking"He told me and I felt sad.

He led me into an another room and it seemed to look like a office.

I saw Robyn sitting at the desk with a cup of liquor.

"You can leave now Bully."She told him and he nodded before leaving the room.

"You can sit down"She told me and I sat down in front of her as I felt her staring at me.

Silence fell upon us. Before I decided to speak up.

"You should've killed me."I told her and her eyebrows raised up at me. "Come again?"She said and I felt my eyes start to water up.

"You should've killed me..you expect me to just sit in front of you and answer to anything you say like I'm nothing. Like you didn't just kill my fucking friend!!"I yelled as tears streamed down my cheeks.

She just chuckled.

"If anything I'm helping you Onika."She said and I shook my head.

"Helping me how? Ordering me around? Making me fear for my damn life!!? Guess what I'm not scared anymore. I don't wanna live anymore! JUST KILL ME!"I screamed at her.

"Stop raising your fucking voice at me!"She yelled at me making me jump at her sudden rage.

"Do you really wanna die?"She asked me. "Yes.."I told her and she nodded. I watched her as she stood up from her desk walking over towards me and she backed me up against the wall as she pulled out her gun pressing it against my throat.