Living As A Slave

Enkaku was brought as a slave by Zenin Ogi and given as a gift for his twin daughters, Maki and Mai. Ogi told them to use him however they want, and if one day both girls no longer need him, they will send him to the front lines to fight the curses that are mysteriously appearing recently.

Mai wanted a handsome slave who would serve her in whatever she wanted, compared to Maki who wanted nothing. So she decided to leave Enkaku in Mai's hands, without worrying about what her twin sister could do to him. However, nothing goes the way you want all the time, this was the case with Mai. Enkaku couldn't do anything well and never put any effort into the tasks he was given. Because of this, he was always beaten, either by Mai or her father.

Enkaku behaved that way to be sent to the front lines, he didn't want to serve an annoying and spoiled woman. But unfortunately for him, Mai wasn't planning on letting him go that easily, because she knows what Enkaku wanted and she doesn't plan on letting him get away with it. Even if he was a useless slave, his face can compensate for his mistakes, which is why Mai decided to keep him.

However, even if she wanted Enkaku to remain as her slave, there was a member of the Zenin clan who wanted that slave to leave the residence. Zenin Naoya, the son of Naobito, the head of the family, wanted to expel Enkaku. So, he immediately talked about that matter with his father.

Without knocking, he entered Naobito's room where he was drinking sake without any care in the world, Naoya went straight to talk to his father about Enkaku.

"Father! Get rid of that slave!" He shouted in anger as he approached Naobito. "That slave is only causing trouble!" He continued saying while his father stared at him frowning.

"We have many slaves my son, who are you referring to?" Naobito asked his son in annoyance. He just wanted to enjoy some quietness after dealing with important matters of the Zenin clan.

Naoya was furious when he heard his father's question, it was obvious that he was talking about Enkaku. How could Naobito not know which slave he was referring to?

"That slave that your brother Ogi gave as a gift to those twins!" Naoya screamed again making Naobito frown more, he didn't like when someone mentioned Ogi.

"Why should I get rid of that slave? Did he cause you trouble, Naoya?" Naobito asked calmly, but deep down he was already annoyed by his son. Naoya was known for his arrogance and haughty attitude, something that he hates from him.

"He can't do anything right, he just causes problems for everyone. A useless slave is not needed in the Zenin residence!" Naoya replied angrily still shouting.

"It doesn't matter if he causes trouble or is useless, he is a gift for Maki and Mai. And gifts can only be thrown away by the owners." Naobito said seriously looking directly at his son's eyes.

"But-" Naoya tried to reply, but he was stopped by his father before continuing to speak.

"And stop interfering in other people's business, Naoya, if those twins decide to throw him away I'll be the one to send Enkaku to the battlefield." Naobito added. "Now leave my room, I don't want to hear another word from you!" He finished saying with anger.

Naoya clenched his jaw, he was disappointed that his father won't get rid of Enkaku. That slave shouldn't stay in the Zenin residence, he thought.

Enkaku has to disappear from the Zenin clan and he knew exactly how to make that happen.

Naoya left Naobito's room leaving his father alone, but before leaving he glanced at his father one last time who was drinking sake peacefully.

"You'll see father, that slave will disappear from the Zenin residence.''