Who are you?

Four in a half days of driving and we finally made it to Arizona. Sam and Dean left Jackson and I at a rinky dink motel off Route 66 with Cas as our bodyguard. "Cas I need to go to the store." I say realizing I have a visitor and I didn't bring anything to contain it. "I can go. Give me a list." He says. I eye him thinking of how awkward this will be trying to explain a period to a doofy angel. "Look it's a woman thing and I don't think you'll know what to get." I say hoping he understands. Castiel furrows his brows then looks at me and quickly looks away. "Oh I see. The liquor store is just across the road. Just be careful." He says. I nod and grab my bag.

I walk across the street to the Gas n Sip. The elderly man waves at me and I return it. I quickly smell the air for any signs of a demon, the only smell are the disgusting hot-dogs that look like they've been there for days. I grab a box of tampons and head to the register. I notice a young girl behind me whose been following me since I came in. I grab some water and a couple bags of chips. When I leave I notice she's still following me, I stop and turn around quickly. "May I help you?" I ask. She stands there stunned. She looks hungry. "N-n-no Sorry." She stammers out and I catch her by her arm as she begins to walk away. "Here." I say handing her the bag of with water and chips. She's hesitant to take it at first, but soon gently takes it. "T-t-thank you." She says. "How old are you?" I ask her. "S-s-sixteen." She answers. I have a strong urge to bring her back with me. Dean will be mad, Sam and Cas will understand. We have the room. I can't just leave her, she reminds me of myself. "Look me and my friends have a couple rooms just over there. You're welcome to come back with me if you want." I tell her and her eyes light up and she nods and follows me to the motel.

As I get closer to the room, I see the window is open and Castiel is holding Jackson against his chest swaying back and forth. The sight warms my heart. Since I've had Jackson Cas has never held him. I walk in really not wanting to interrupt him. "Hey Cas" I say. I startled him and he jumps a little. "He was crying, So I picked him up." He says in a mono tone voice. "It's fine Cas. I just never thought I'd see you holding him. You seem to avoid him at all costs." I say. Cas notices the girl behind me and quickly puts Jackson in his car seat. "Who is she?" His voice booms. Shit! I forgot to get her name. "Uh this is..." I say looking to her. "Addy. Addison Schaffer." She says. I look at her. Schaffer? It's a common name right? Castiel eyes me then Addy. "Who are your parents?" I ask. She shifts uncomfortably while pulling at her tattered shirt. "Jennifer Halston and Curtis Schaffer." As soon as my father's name comes out of her mouth, I almost regretted inviting her back.

I text Dean and tell them to get back ASAP. I don't know what to say to her. I ordered a pizza and we sat and ate while waiting for the guys. Cas stares at me the whole time like he's expecting me to spill my guts to this young girl who may or may not be my sister.

A few hours later, Addy is asleep in my bed, and I can hear the Impala pulling in. I wait for them outside the door. Dean practically runs over to me, checking my body, "Are you ok?" He asks. "I'm fine. We have a visitor." I tell him. He peers around me, and sees Addy. "Who's that?" He asks just as Sam looks past us. "Addison Schaffer. Daughter of Jennifer Halston and Curtis Schaffer." I say with a little bit of anger. Dean rubs his head and looks back in the room. "How'd she get here?" He asks. Castiel comes beside me, "She invited her." He says giving me a stern look. I roll my eyes, and whisper Narc to him. Dean and Sam both give me that look of disapproval. "What! She looked hungry, she was following me and she reminded me of myself. Now I know why. She's my fucking sister!" I say.

The guys are silent and staring behind me, I assume Addy is awake and heard me. "I'm an only child. I'm not your sister, you freak." She says trying to push past me. The boys block her path. "Look Addison, her father was Curtis Schaffer. I think you should stick around and talk." Sam states. She rolls her eyes and walks back in the room to plop herself on the bed.

The guys walk in, and pull a few chairs up and sit. "Ok so lets talk. You and your merry men been following me?" She spits out. Dean lets out a chuckle. "No, we're actually here for a reason and it's not you sweetie." I say. Castiel seems uncomfortable, "Cas would you sit down." Dean roars at him. Addy eyes him, "Cas? What kind of name is that?" Cas looks the other way ignoring her. I get up an dig through my bag to find the photo album of dad and I. I hand her the album, "Look through that. It's me and MY dad Curtis Schaffer." I say sitting on the other bed. She takes her time looking through them.

Dean and I share a long look at each other before Addy throws the album at Dean. "What the hell?" He says. She stands up. "This is ridiculous. The one person, who in the three years I've been on the road, who stops and helps me turns out to be my half sister." She shouts. "How old are you?" She adds asking me with a heated glare. "28. That makes us twelve years apart." I answer and she responds by clapping her hands, "Congrats genius you can do math." Wow she's a handful. I see her eyeing Dean when he picks up Jackson. "So who is everyone?" She asks. "I'm Sam Winchester and that's my brother Dean." Sam says pointing to Dean, Dean turns and waves. "Hi, that's Castiel." Dean says bouncing slightly with Jackson while nodding his head at Cas. She nods and settles her gaze back at Dean. "Who's the little guy? Another rescued orphan?" She says.

"No. That's Jackson. Our son." Dean says bringing Jackson to me and kissing my cheek. I cradle him in my arms and wait for Dean to return with a bottle. "So that makes him my nephew." She says. I nod. Castiel walks towards her, "Can I touch you?" He asks and she backs up. "What? No are you some kind of freak." Cas looks confused, "No I'm not a freak. I need to verify you are who you say you are. I can do that by placing two fingers on your forehead." He says and reaches out. She leans forward. "Ok creepy trench coat guy." She says.

Castiel touches her head as he did me a while back. His face contorts in concentration. He pulls back, looking very sad. "I'm sorry. You've led a troubled life. She is the daughter of Curtis Schaffer." He says walking outside. Addy looks around the room, "What was that about? Why is he sorry?" She asks. Dean hands me the bottle and faces her, "You tell us. Why do you think he would feel sorry for you?" He says. She gets this look in her eyes and I see the tears begin to form. "Addy are you ok?" Sam asks her.

She sits back down on the bed and shoves her head in her hands. "I don't really know what happened. I was 13, mom and I had just got back from the store and there were these men in our home asking for my dad." She sobs into her hands, to my surprise Dean sits beside her and places his hand on her back. "Where was dad? How often did you see him?" I ask. She lifts her head up, "He was on some trip, from what mom told me. We saw him one week out of every month. But hadn't in years." She answered wiping her eyes. So instead of him being on a hunt he was off having a grand time with another family while I was at some motel stealing food. I don't want to believe dad was hiding thing from me.

"So how many guys? and what happened?" Sam asked her. "Three guys and a woman. Their eyes were black as night, Mom saw their eyes, and dropped the grocery bags and screamed for me to run. And that's what I've been doing, running. I went back home a few days after, and I saw the crime scene unit there and mom's body being wheeled out in a black body bag." She sobs onto Dean's shoulder, he pats her head. "I tried to look for dad but I heard he was dead." She wipes her eyes again.

I put, a now sleeping Jackson, down. "Look Addy you're a part of this family now. There's some things you need to know." I say and Dean stands up and looks at her, "Now don't be scared ok." He says and she nods, He flashes his black eyes and she screams. "YOU'RE ONE OF THEM!" She shouts. He shakes his head, "No no I'm not. I'm cursed. That's why we're here, to cure me." He explains. She still looks confused, "We're hunters. We hunt demons and many other monsters. And Castiel, he's an angel. Dad and I used to hunt these things together, a vampire killed my mom." I tell her.

She stands up and runs her hands through her hair, looking around the room. "Who are you people?" She says before passing out.