4. She Wasn't You

~Being able to find someone you click naturally is the best feeling ever. You feel like you've been best friends your whole life, it feels like your coming home. You're so comfortable with them. Maybe that's what a soulmate is not someone who shares every single thing in common with you, but someone who feels like home.~

{She Wasn't You}

Camila's POV

           I had gotten out of the shower and dried off and currently in a huge t shirt that yes belonged to Shawn. Of course it did, I thought to myself. I hadn't heard anyone come home yet, so I wondered if they happened to come home while I was showering.

         I tossed my wet hair into a bun on top of my head, I then turned to the mirror staring at the dark dark circles under my eyes. Stress... possibly.

       Was it the thoughts in my head keeping me awake, more than likely.

         My mind kept wondering back to Matthew, how do I leave an abusive man that I had a child with. I had photos of the cuts and bruises. I had the photos of the extra rays when he broke three of my ribs after three months of giving birth to our daughter.

        Goodness how did I let something so bad get this far. When my Prince Charming had always been beside me. I feel like the other day I really fucked things up badly.

       Tears fell unto my cheeks, gosh I just need to go to London and tell Matthew it's over. Then I'm going to need my best friend to help me pick up the broken parts. Goodness I don't deserve Shawn. In anyway he's far to good for this terrible world.

     I sighed wiping my tears away, I walked to the bathroom door opening it up. I closed my eyes for a moment as I walked into my bedroom. Everything smelt like I was walking into a garden.

    I opened my eyes, shocked by everything I saw.

     Tears immediately stinging my eyes knowing exactly who did all of this. "Shawn..." I whispered as more tears fell.

    I looked on the bed noticing the adidas clothes and the over sized pink sweater which looks so warm and cozy.

      Then I noticed the Victoria's Secret pajamas and then the lingerie sets which I was shocked Shawn even actually went into that store alone, well actually with Nova.

     A large smile came unto my lips once I realized that Shawn did all of this within two hours if that. I then noticed the lush cosmetics package with all of the relaxation products. Goodness there will never ever be another man like Shawn Mendes I swear.

      I then looked up at my dresser realizing that he bought me two bouquets of sunflowers my favorite flowers. Then in the middle was a bouquet of the most beautiful roses I had ever laid my eyes on. Then I noticed the two candles that were lit that smelled amazing.

     I swear Shawn you are the real Prince Charming.

       That's when I noticed the beautiful letter that had my name written in Shawn's beautiful cursive writing. "Camilita"

       I picked it up carefully opening it, holding it carefully I went over to the bench in front of my bed sitting down on it.

        "My dearest Camilita,

I don't you realize how much you mean to me. I'll never ever love anyone the way I love you. This morning I'm sitting on the balcony to your bedroom. Yes this may make me seem like a creep. Yet looking at you sleep as the sun rises may be my favorite thing in the entire world. You seem like you've slept in peace and safety, and all the love. Which I hope and pray you know how much love I have to give you and always will. We've managed to grow up in our crazy lives as normally as we possibly could and I would like to say we did good. This year coming up I will have known you for ten years, insane right. I remember first seeing you on the Austin Mahone your. You were so full of life and had way too much energy, know when I think about it I can't wait to see Nova have the exact same energy you did when you were younger. This morning I decided that I wanted to celebrate the amazing women you've become, the amazing singer/ songwriter, the amazing loyal best friend, the most amazing loving mother. So that's why Nova and I went out this morning, I feel you don't get all the love you need too. So I figured this would be a nice little gesture to show you how much I love you and always will. No matter what Camila your my number one.

     Ps. Your breakfast is warm downstairs on the kitchen bar. I love you Mila.

  Xoxo, Shawnitio"

     I finished reading the letter Shawn wrote me I wiped away my tears from falling down my face. Goodness I didn't deserve Shawn in any way shape or form. Goodness I'm beyond blessed.

      I set the letter down on my bed and ran quickly downstairs to the kitchen hoping I'd find Shawn. Yet he was no where to be found, I ran into the living room finding my mom holding a sleeping nova.

      "Shawn ... Mama where is he?" I asked as my own fears crept in thinking he left already.

         "I think he went to the beach..." my mother said not being able to finish everything as I took off running towards the beach.

        As I got down towards the water I took off running to my right hoping and praying he was still down here. "Shawn..." I yelled hoping he'd hear me.

        "Shawn!!!" I screamed praying he'd hear me. Yet no one answered me back, I turned back deciding to go into the opposite direction.

        "Mendes... please Shawn!" I cried tears falling quickly down my cheeks.

        "Mila...?" I heard his voice behind me, I turned too quickly hitting straight into his chest.

         "Shawn... I thought you left." I cried reaching around and jumping up my legs wrapping around his waist and his hand landed on my butt catching me in mid air.

        "What? Mila I would never leave you." He said I to my ear almost in a whisper. I hugged him tighter crying into his neck.

         "I love you Mila, that I promise you." He said pulling back looking at me wiping the tears from falling down my face.