Chapter 1

Gionni

"Shh, here she comes" I whispered, as we heard keys jingle in the door

"Shh, here she comes" I whispered, as we heard keys jingle in the door. "Surpriseeeee" we yelled as Milan opened the door to our home that the kids and I decorated for her birthday. It took us forever to get her out the house, luckily I was able to get her hair stylist to hold off her appointment until this morning so we'd have time to get everything together. 

"Surprise mommy" Kai said running away from me and over to her. For whatever reason, Kai had been obsessed with surprise parties, so this was all her idea to surprise her mommy for her birthday this year. 

"I knew it" Lani said, laughing and tossing her keys on the table by the door. "Y'all so sneaky... I love it" she said looking around at the decorations. 

"Happy birthday baby" I said walking over to her kissing her lips, and embracing her with a hug. 

"Umm eww" Lay said turning her back to us. 

"Girl, ain't nothing eww about me showing my baby some love" I teased lay by giving Lani more kisses loudly. 

She rolled her eyes, "Happy birthday mom" she said pushing me off of her to get her own hug. 

"Thanks munchkin" Lani said, picking up one of the cards from the table. "Where's my GG" 

"You know he was up all night on the game, he woke up to help and then you took too long so her went back to sleep" I said pointing to the theater room down the hall, as the front door flew open.

"Brotherrr" Kai said running over jumping on Rell as he walked in the house, late as usual.

I held my watch up, as if i was checking the time "Traffic" he said catching my hint.

"They said you'd say that" I laughed. 

"Happy birthday LaLa" he said walking over hugging lani. "What you bout 35, 40 now?" he said laughing. 

She pushed him away, laughing "28 actually" 

"That's real close to 30 my friend" he said, looking over at me. "She almost catching up to you old man" 

"Yeah, just hope you look like this when you hit 30" I said lifting my arm in the arm showing my muscles in my fitted polo tee.

He gave me a look, "Now that was some real old head shit to do. i'm disappointed" he laughed. "But nah, I got this for you" he said handing Lani jewelry box from his pocket. 

She made that same pouty face she always makes when she gets emotional, as she took the box from his hands. She untied the bow, and opened the box that held some diamond earrings that was just her style. 

"Oh they're so cute, thanks Pookes" she said calling him the nickname he still hated but learned to deal with over time

"Yeah I picked those out" we heard a voice come from the door, causing us to turn and look. 

"B , I didn't know you were in town" Lani said giving Breah a hug.

"I'd be a fool to miss a Lani birthday" she said laughing.

"Wassup beedy beed" I said making her give me a face. 

"Don't start, Mr. 19 again" she said, touching my braids. Don't ask me why, but I let my hair grow out over the pass year, it was the label's idea of a new look. 

I bursted out laughing, "Oh so you got jokes?" 

"Thats my girl" Rell said high fiving her. "How y'all got a party with no food?" he said looking around the room. 

"We ordered brunch, I got this" I said, knowing I covered all bases. "Tell em Lay, we got this" 

"Why was he even invited?" Lay said giving Rell attitude. She's been a little mad at him since decided to move into his own place a few months ago. We even tried to sell her the whole since he's gone you get an extra room speech, and that didn't even work. 

"Don't be like that to your brother" Lani said, fixing lay's hair from her face. "She just misses you" she said to Rell.

"Miss. nasty attitude" Rell teased. 

"But you do gotta start coming over a lil more often Pookie, we miss you" Lani said, walking towards the kitchen and we all followed.

"I ain't even been gone that long, I moved out 3 months ago" he said leaning against the counter. "I been busy" he said cutting his eyes at Breah .

"Mhm, when this happen?" Lani asked referring to Breah being back around.

"Lets just say he's a stalker" Breah said laughing.

"Nah, you know how I do.. y'all thought I was gonna just let my girl go just like that" he said flipping his air collar. "You know who I am?" he asked rhetorically.

"Uhh, lets be clear.." Breah started. "You was this... close" she said demonstrating with her fingers.

Lani chuckled, "It's okay B... I understand" she said playfully but not playfully cutting her eye at me. 

"Aight, change of conversation" I said quickly, making everybody laugh as we heard a knock on the door. "Saved by the bell" I joked. 

"We have a delivery for Mr. Jordan" a girl holding boxes said as I opened the door. 

"Y'all can come in and set up in the dining area right through that door" I directed them. After thee few minutes it took them to set up the food, we all sat around the table and enjoyed Lani's birthday brunch together as the first part of her special day...

HEY GUYS !! GUESS WHO'S BACKKKK 

I KNOW I BEEN GONE FOR A LONG TIME, BUT MY LIFE GOT REALLY REAL LOL. 
I JUST RECENTLY HAD A BABY GIRL IN DECEMBER #NOVAMULAN 💗 SHE'S PERFECT. 

I KNOW THIS WAS SHORT BUT I WANTED TO GIVE YALL A LIL SOMETHING BEFORE I GO ALL IN. 

COMMENT HERE IF Y'ALL WANT ME TO CONTINUE THIS SERIES OR START A NEW ONE WITH ENTIRELY NEW CHARACTERS..... NEW YEAR, NEW STORY ?? LMAO LEMMA KNOW THE VIBES

TAYLOR MONAE 💋