Order of the Phoenix Preview

He grabbed his wand dashed from his room, and shook his mother awake.

'John-?'

'Shh.' John yanked her from her bed. 'They're coming.' He desperately tried to wake Sherlock, pushing through the pain it caused him as he pulled his mother down the stairs. Sherlock! He thought so loudly it reverberated across their link, and Sherlock finally woke up. Death Eaters!

John hurried into the kitchen, closing the door behind him, and hiding them both behind the kitchen counter. He pointed his wand at the door, intending to lock it, but he couldn't remember the spell.

Colloportus, Sherlock's voice whispered.

John repeated him as quietly as he could, and ducked behind the counter again. Hurry up, John called.

All he could hear was his and his mother's breathing, then both of them froze as they heard the front door open. One of them went upstairs, and the other two walked slowly along the hallway.

'In here,' one of them muttered, as he tried the handle to the kitchen door. 'Alohomora.'

The door clicked open, and the Death Eater crept slowly inside.

John's heart raced, and he pushed his mother even further into the shadows. He crawled closer to the one that had come into the kitchen, as quietly as possible in an attempt to catch them by surprise.

He held his wand in his trembling hand and rounded the kitchen counter. 'Silencio,' he whispered, then, 'Impedimenta,' to immobilise him, without alerting the others.

Hi everyone! First chapter of Order of the Phoenix is up and ready to read!