S-I-X

S I X

S I X

To say that the team, especially Bobby and Eddie, were rough and unwelcoming with Buck after his return to work would be an understatement.

Uncle Bobby would not let him join the team during calls, and Eddie would snap at him every chance he got. I felt terrible for the guy because it was clear that he kept trying to win them over. Luckily for Buck, once he stopped trying so hard after a few weeks, both Eddie and Bobby stopped being dicks.

Taking advantage of the slow day we were having at the firehouse, I decided to take the time to study for my written Firefighter Certification exam that was coming up in a month. At the same time, as I studied, I was looking for a new apartment after getting emails this morning about how the other two that I applied for got denied.

"Can I help you with something, Evan?" I asked, knowing full well that he was the one standing behind me looking over my shoulder.

Coming into view, I noticed he was holding something behind his back. Furrowing my eyebrows, I decided not to ask him about it knowing that he was going to show me whatever he was hiding any second. "How do you know it was me?"

"You are the only one here that sneaks up behind people without making a noise," I said matter-of-factly.

I watched as he made a face in agreement before taking a seat across from me, "I've been thinking," he started, stopping himself as I made a face trying not to laugh.

"Careful, we do not want you to lose your last neurons,"

"Haha, very funny," rolling his eyes, he took a familiar-looking pink box from behind his back, setting it on the table in front of him. "As I was saying, I was thinking of a way to repay you for saving my life and for not turning your back on me after the whole lawsuit thing,"

Leaning back on my chair, I looked at him confused, "I thought we called it even at the cafe,"

"We did, but deep down, I feel like it is not enough. You barely knew me, but still did all that for me," he admitted.

I noticed how he started to get nervous with every word he was saying, something that was not normal of him. For the short time, I have known him, I have admired the way he carries himself with confidence which kind of made it weird seeing him like this.

"You are not going to propose to me, are you? Because I must say that I am more of dating for a while before getting engaged type of girl," I teased, trying to ease him up.

Evan's eyes opened wide, his face suddenly flushing at my words, "What? No - no, I know you have been struggling with finding a place, and I just thought I could offer you the empty room I have in my apartment. The place is big, so you will have your own space without having to bump into me, and I would not mind some company," he explained, scratching the back of his head awkwardly.