Rule Number Six : Be A Leader

As we drive, Yeshua spots something up ahead that sparks a debate among Ezra and I. "That car's getting swarmed... Looks like somebody's inside." Those last four little words have his brothers and I craning our necks to see what's going on. "Keep going." Ezra says, not liking the idea of stopping the car to help anybody. "We can't just leave them, whoever they are, nobody deserves to be abandoned in a time of need like that." I say, looking at Yeshua for support... but I find none. "We shouldn't stop, Addison. Look at the ground by the car, two people are already dead- and there's got to be at least ten of the infected surrounding that vehicle." Yeshua makes to speed past the car, that is until Zachariah says something that makes my blood run cold. "Yesh, I think it's a kid." I don't even wait for Yeshua to slow the car down before I open the door and leap out of the truck, Daryl's hunting knife in hand. "AYE, COME GET IT YOU EXPIRED FUCKS!" I shout, drawing their attention away from the person locked inside the car and drawing them towards me.

"THAT'S RIGHT, COME THIS WAY YOU UGLY BASTARDS!" Zachariah shouts from beside me, another one of Daryl's knives held firmly in his grasp... I guess he followed me out of the truck. A quick glance behind me reveals Yeshua parked the truck, he and Ezra pleading for Zach and I to get back in the car. "Headshots only." I murmur to Zachariah as the first of the Infected reach me. I lift my arm and plunge my knife into its skull without a second thought, watching Zach repeat my actions on another one that had locked its sights on him. "Two down, eight to go." Zach says as another one makes its way towards him. Zachariah kills the next two with ease and shouts for me to try and get to the car as he makes his way onto his fourth one. Approaching the car I carefully take out one of the bastards that makes a grab at me before kicking another back enough to get a good swing at its skull. I don't get a chance to take out the last two before Zachariah is at my side, plunging his knife into the head of one before repeating the actions with the last one.

"Take your knife to the two on the ground those things were eating, just to be sure, I'm gonna get whoever's in that car out." I tell him, watching as he turns my words over in his head before moving to stab the dead people through the head. Approaching the car I can see a little boy, probably no older than ten, sitting in the backseat. "Come on out, we're not going to hurt you." I call to him, kneeling down and placing my knife on the ground beside me. "A-are they g-gone?" The boy asks, refusing to open the car door. "They're gone, Zach and I took care of them... what's your name?" Once he's been reassured the danger is gone he slowly pushes open the door and steps out of the car, not daring to move closer to me. He's unsure on if he should trust me or not... he's like a baby deer. "Lysander... Lysander Scott." I smile gently at him and reach my hand out in his direction. "Why don't you come with us, Lysander? We'll keep you safe from those things." The boy looks at me questioningly, but accepts my hand.

"Addison, we need to go... NOW!" Zachariah shouts at me, pointing towards the woods where at least a dozen of those things are beginning to emerge. "Listen to me carefully, Lysander. I want you to take hold of Zach's hand and run back to the truck, he's going to put you in between he and his brother in the backseat- I'll be right behind you." Zachariah doesn't wait for the boy to respond before he grabs his hand and sprints back to the truck with him, practically throwing the boy to Ezra before launching himself in after. With a final look around I sprint back to the boys and fling myself into the front seat just as the first of the Infected reach the abandoned car. "DRIVE!" Ezra shouts at Yeshua, startling the young boy in between he and Zachariah. Needing no more prompting, Yeshua slams his foot on the gas and we speed off away from the danger of the infected. "Where are we going?" A small voice asks from the backseat, causing me to tense. I'd almost forgotten we'd just picked up a child. "Atlanta." Yeshua says calmly, his grip on the wheel tightening as he sends a glare my way.

"NO! I WONT GO BACK!"