The Gardens

1st person P.O.V~

My name is Y/N, I'm the eldest princess of the mighty kingdom of Arendue. We're known as the Garden Kingdom, because of the gardens my great grand-mother had built so many years ago. 

Strolling through the gardens has always been my favorite thing to do, my mother taught me all about the different flowers, herbs and mushrooms that grow there. It is more beautiful than words can describe. 

I am eighteen years of age, but luckily my father has not betrothed me to any other yet, I find the old tradition, useless I guess you could say. I am next in line for the throne, but I want to rule alone, not every queen needs a king. 

~

I was wandering the halls, heading out to the gardens, so lost in my own thoughts I didn't see someone walking towards me, they didn't see me either though. I collided with a solid chest, and fell to the ground with a thud. 

"Your Majesty, are you alright?" A male voice asked, I looked up and saw one of the royal guard standing before me, his hand extended to help me up. "Y-yes I'm quite alright, thank you" I stuttered out and allowed him to help me to my feet. 

When I stood I took in his features, he was quite tall, dark hair and beautiful green eyes.

"I am so sorry, I was not looking where I was going.." He bowed his head in shame, "I am not harmed, so it is no great deal. But if it makes you feel better, you are forgiven, though it matters not." I smiled, and he returned it. 

"Might I ask where you are going to this afternoon, Princess?" asked the guard. 

"To the gardens, I was hoping to relax, read, ease my mind a little I suppose." I replied with a shrug, he nodded with a grunt, "Allow me to escort you?" 

I smiled, "I would love that, oh, where are my manners? I haven't even asked your name.." 

"My name is Bryn, Bryn Dortan." he replied, holding out his arm for me to take. I took it with a smile, slipping my arm around his and we began walking down the spiraled stairs to the grounds. 

The walk to the gardens was quick, we spoke a little, only simple questions with equally as simple answers. It was nice. Once we arrived, Bryn said he would take his leave, 

"You could stay! Walk with me maybe?" I asked, a soft smile took over his features, "I would be honored." replied Bryn. We walked and I told him of all the different kinds of flowers, and for once, someone was interested in what I was saying. I felt his gaze on me as I plucked a small daisy, and when I turned around, he looked away quickly, a bit of color coming into his cheeks. 

"Here." I held out the flower to him, and he took it, and held it delicately between his fingers, "A beautiful Princess such as yourself shouldn't be giving flowers to a simple guard, it should be the other way around..." he chuckled softly. 

I blushed lightly, he called me beautiful. "You deserve it, as thanks for staying with me, and listening to my rambling about the plants" I smiled, "I quite enjoyed it, you certainly know a lot about all this" he gestured to the gardens. 

"My mother taught me, this was our favorite spot when she was still around..." I trailed off, "I'm sorry, perhaps we should head back to the castle, it is nearly Dinner and it looks as if it may rain, M'lady." he held his arm for me again, and I took it. 

He stayed and watched over us at dinner, as well as a few other guards. He left earlier than the others. After dinner my family and I headed back to our chambers and readied for bed. I opened the door to my room, and was greeted with a bouquet of (F/F)! 

I remembered babbling on about them to Bryn and how they were my favorites, he brought me flowers! How sweet, I felt myself falling for him, something I've never done before. Perhaps I'll see him in the gardens again.

~End

***************************************************************

A/N: Ok, so this is cheesy yes, but I want to do something a little different, so enjoy!!