Chapter I - Claire Bear

Claire was left home alone, once again. Her parents had left for another one of their work parties. She was used to being left alone, every single day her parents left for either a meeting or a party or slimpy to get away from her since they found her repugnant, annoying and disgusting, despite her being their child. They also made this very clear to her since she could remember, telling her they should've aborted her or even sometimes calling her a stupid mistake. Claire couldn't quite comprehend why they disliked her so much I mean she was only 6 years old. But Claire didn't care about her parents' disgusting comments or what they thought about her, because she had something bigger, something better than any work party or any chocolate or any TV show, she had Charlie.

Oh Claire, how much she loved Charlie; they had been friends since she was the smallest child. They didn't exactly meet like any other friend Claire had, Charlie was different.

They met one night when Claire's parents had left, she was alone in her room watching adventure time sitting in her spinny chair in front of the TV when all of a sudden all the lights went out. Claire didn't get scared well she likes to say she wasn't scared but she was terrified. The moonlight was shining in through the curtains and Claire could barely see what was in front of her. But she did manage to see the silhouette of a little boy across the room from her. He was standing very still looking directly at Claire, but she wasn't scared, not one tiny bit. The boy started laughing and in the blink of an eye he was gone. His raspy voice echoed across the house and Claire managed to hear his faint footsteps. Claire launched out of her chair suddenly filled with inquiry as to who this boy was.

She carefully listened for the boy's laughter and for his footsteps but she couldn't make out any. She stepped out of her room into the stairs, and there she saw him standing at the bottom of the stairs. The boy stood still for a couple of seconds then bolted towards her, his deformed limbs moving in the most peculiar way up the stairs. In a matter of seconds the boy was standing in front of Claire, she froze in terror and her mind couldn't quite process what was going on. That's when she noticed his eyes, two black holes stared right back at her. The pale boy didn't move, he didn't smile or laugh for that matter. Claire was frozen in fear and she kept staring at his eyes, the pale boy looking back at her.

After a couple of seconds she managed to let out a scream, the boy began laughing again as if he found Claire's terror amusing. Claire managed to squeeze past him.  As she was running down the stairs and out the door she could hear the little boy's echoing laughter. Once outside she decided to sit in her backyard and not go inside until her parents had arrived. Calling the police or looking for help never crossed her mind since her parents never taught her basic things such as these.

She had started to calm down and the tears on her cheeks had dried out when she heard shuffling coming from inside, Claire stared at the window covered by a thick brown greenish curtain, they were hideous curtains by the way Claire's mom had picked them out and they were by far the worse decision she had ever made, Claire being the first obviously, her words not mine. Anyway that is a different story and right now we are focusing on Charlie. As Claire stared at the window she couldn't see a shadow or a silhouette inside but yet she still heard plates breaking and the running water on the sink. The curtain opened suddenly and Claire flinched at the aggressive movement. There was the boy once again looking directly at her with his black sockets which once held eyes.

Once the boy spotted her he gave her the biggest grin and started running once again. Claire tried to see where he was headed but the curtain fell blocking her view. Claire had started to cry again terrified with what she had seen wondering if the boy was even real but all her thoughts vanished when she heard the familiar sound of the old wooden front door flinging open. Claire didn't have time to think she stood up from the wet grass and ran trying to find somewhere to hide from this boy. She hid inside a dog's house, they used to own a dog. His name was Snowball but Claire's dad had run him over with his truck.

Claire watched as the pale boy walked into the yard with a terrifying grin on his face and a limp in one of his legs he started scanning the yard. Claire covered her mouth trying not to make a sound but her attempts to remain silent failed as the boy looked directly at her despite it being pitch black and the moonlight being their only source of light. The boy walked slowly to the dog house and Claire started crying again now trapped between the wooden moisty wall behind her and Charlie. Once he reached the dog house Charlie ducked down and entered the dog house in which a terrified Claire sobbed.

"Dont be scared Claire bear" said the boy with a sickening sweet voice "I only want to play hide and seek" then he started laughing uncontrollably again.

Claire was frozen in fear but at the mention of hide and seek all of her fear left her. Being only 5 years old Claire was ecstatic about finally having someone to play with her.

"Hide and seek?" Claire managed to say between sobs, despite not being scared anymore she couldn't seem to stop her crying.

"Yes Claire bear hide and seek." Said Charlie that big grin never leaving his face.

"Okay then, but we have to be quick because my daddy and mommy will be back soon and they will be very mad if they see me outside at night ." Said Claire, now a bit more calm.

"You're it Clairey" The boy let out a small laugh and ran out of the yard into the street quick as light. Claire sat there processing what happened.

They played for the rest of the night, until her parents arrived home. And that's how they met, Claire never told anyone about Charlie, well until now...

———————————————

It's weird to write something that no one is reading. And to be writing this talking to literally nobody.

That was bad i know but HOPEFULLY it will get better. (It wont! I don't even have a plot for this book.. isn't that great)