Prologue

A playful bark can be heard, in a grass field, not too far away from a Military base. The Orion Base Unit. A tennis ball is launched through the air and two German Shepherd puppies race after it. Only a few weeks old, they were born into the base to train to become working Military dogs. Training doesn't start for another few months, so the pups and their chosen handlers are spending as much time as they possibly can with them. The man on the left is Connor Harris, he was paired with Tessa, the lighter sable puppy. The one on the right is Bradley Denver, although everyone calls him Spencer, he was paired with Silas, the black sable puppy.

 The one on the right is Bradley Denver, although everyone calls him Spencer, he was paired with Silas, the black sable puppy

Both Harris and Spencer have been good friends for a few years now, however this is their first time dog handling. They spend a lot of time together, being partners and all. They see each other more than their own families, so they were bound to become close. Connor has a wife and two kids back home, he video chatted with them to show off his new friend. He promised they would get to meet Tessa soon. Spencer has four younger siblings, and his parents. He keeps in touch with them regularly, but he hasn't seen them in person for three years. He calls on birthdays and Christmases, it isn't the same but that's all he can do for now. They are both thousands of miles away from their families, but they have each other. They are like brothers.

"So, how are the kids?" Spencer asks after watching the puppies play with the ball. Harris shrugs "They're happy and safe, that's the main thing". The former nods "That's good". After fighting over the ball, Silas wins it and runs off to bring it back to his handler. Tessa barks at her brother, in what seems like defeat. The pups were born into a special litter, they were all tested and only Tessa and Silas were able to complete the tests. The rest of the puppies were sold to families. They choose two puppies from each litter, so they will have the best Military dogs by the time they are fully grown. When they start going with the soldiers on missions, wars etc. Tessa and Silas already learned basic commands, such as sit, stay, lie down and bark. They are quick learners, so they will be a great help when they are older. They still have to pass multiple tests before the time they are a year old. They'll need to get used to certain sounds and smells, train to travel in cars, trucks, ships and other Military vehicles, as well as the agility tests and reaction tests. They need to train alongside the soldiers so they can learn to keep the same pace, they need to listen out for certain commands and orders. The clicker and air horns. They have to be ready for anything. It won't be easy, but neither is war and they can't afford to take any chances.
_________

Connor Harris played by:

Richard Madden

Bradley 'Spencer' Denver played by:

Scott Eastwood

Any other character that is not mine belongs to Marvel, all characters mentioned are played by their respective actors. I may add more of my own characters later, I don't know. But for now, enjoy the story!

- WS