Moments

The cold rush of air across your bare skin is what pulled you from your deep sleep. You sighed in content, relaxing as you felt a warm rush of air blow across your neck, calming whatever worries you previously had.

"Go back to sleep." His husky, raspy voice purred into your ear, a smile snaking onto your lips. Another cold rush of air blew across your skin before the covers were thrown across your body, warmth pressing against your back.

"You know, you could just use the spare key under the doormat." You whispered to him. A deep chuckle rose from his throat from amusement. "I'd wake up your father, and we both don't want that, now do we?" You sighed, knowing he was right as you rolled over to face him.

His beautiful brown eyes glowed golden in the darkness, your reflection clear as day in them. "Eddie..." You trailed off, raising a hand to trail along a cut that rest just underneath his left eye.

He flinched, grabbing your hand and pulling it down towards his chest. "I'm fine, princess. It's just a scratch." He said, dismissing your concern so you'd go back to sleep.

Eddie leaned in, his lips meeting yours for a few brief moments in a heated exchange before recoiling. "Now go to sleep." He said, running a hand through your tangled hair.

Melting under his touch, your eyes grew heavy once more as you slipped back into the blissful arms of unconsciousness, a deep slumber seizing your body.

When morning came, you rolled over to see Eddie laying with his face pressing into the pillow, one hand above his head whilst the other lay across your waist. Surely not the most comfortable position you'd found him in.

"Morning Eddie..." you whispered into his ear, pressing a gentle kiss to his temple. As he stirred from his slumber he let out a raspy cough, clearing his throat. Yet the morning rasp remained.

"Morning, gorgeous." Eddie mumbled, turning to look at you through sleepy vision, a slight smile resting upon his lips. The cut beneath his eye was clearer now, defined by a scarlet bruise you hadn't noticed before.

"What happened?" you asked, lightly poking the abused side of his face. Eddie grasped your hand firmly in his, pressing his lips against the back of your hand.

"Don't worry-"

"No. Tell me. Please, Eddie."

He sighed, sitting up and allowing the covers to expose his bare upper half. "I'm the freak of the town, gorgeous. Occupational hazard." Eddie explained, reaching for a joint.

"Someone did that to you?" you asked, your nails biting into the palm of your hands as your fists curled in silent rage. Eddie nodded, lighting the joint as he pressed it upon his full lips.

You groaned, rolling over to face the alarm on your bedside. "We need to get to school..." you said as you got up, the covers exposing your underwear-clad body to Eddie's gaze.

He stared at you for a moment, taking in your beauty before rolling out of bed and landing on the floor. "Must we, princess?" He asked, draping an arm lazily over his face, a cheeky smirk gracing his lips.

Rolling your eyes, you playfully kicked him in the side, urging him up from the floor. Eddie wasted no time in wrapping his arms around you, enveloping you in his warmth and the lingering scent of weed that seemingly stuck to his clothes.

You stood there like that for a couple of minutes, just embracing one another. You wished these moments could last forever.

x-x-x

"So... you and Billy?" Eddie asked as he walked you to class, his hand resting gently upon your waist. You sighed, knowing your past with Billy would be bothering Eddie.

"We didn't exactly end on good terms..." you began, recalling the last night you'd spent together. "Turns out he'd been seeing my friend's mum behind my back. That was a week before he left Cali."

"That's... fucked." Eddie replied, hesitating on his words as he processed the news. You nodded, clutching your history book to your chest as you made your way into the classroom, turning to face Eddie one last time.

"Hey, do you uh, wanna drop by mine after school today? I've got something for you." Eddie smiled nervously, his eyes hopeful. You nodded, smiling at him as he backed away grinning. "I'll pick you up after school then, princess." Eddie said as he walked off.

Sighing, you made your way into class, squeezing past the other students already seated. Sitting down, you prepared yourself for a long day.