Asahi Azumane - Insecure

Character: Female Reader Insert

Plot: Reader used to be really insecure, but slowly getting better and the only one who she feels like she could trust is her boyfriend, Asahi, but she sees/hears something that brings her down again.

Requested: Written and thought by me.

*****************

You walk down the corridor of the 3rd years' floor, you see Sugawara and Daichi looking out the window whispering to each other, "Daichi? Sugawara? What are you two looking at?" You ask.

"Eh?! Y/N!" Sugawara rushes to you, placing his hands on your arms pushing you away from the window, "You won't find it interesting!" He says, panic in his eyes.

"How would you know? Is Kageyama and Hinata fighting again?" You ask, "Come on it can't be that bad... I'm not as bad as I used to be... I'm a big girl."

"It's nothing really," Daichi says standing beside Sugawara, "Let's go to class."

"Did you see Azumane-San and that girl?" Someone says and the two third-year volleyball players in front of you freeze.

"Yeah, it was a confession... Azumane-San stuttered and was blushing," Another says and your eyes widen.

"Isn't Azumane-San with L/N-chan? I can't believe someone would confess to someone taken..." The first one says.

"I know," The second says then gasps, "She's there! Shit, shit, shit."

You push Sugawara off you and rush to the window, looking out to see a girl hugging Asahi who is blushing. You're eyes look like they are about to pop out of your sockets, you step back and walk off.

"Y/N!" Suga and Daichi call out for you as you take off into a run.

'She's prettier than you'

'She's his type'

'He never blushes like that with you'

'You don't make him happy... You never did'

'He's gone'

'You've lost him'

The thoughts run through your mind as you run down the stairs, dodging other people. Daichi and Suga follow after you, "Asahi?" You call out when you walk out of the building and you see your boyfriend walking to the entrance, "W-Who was that?"

"Huh?" He looks at you a little confused, "Who?"

"T-The girl, hugging you..." You say looking up at him, you hug yourself and rubs your arms, "W-Who was it?"

"Oh... That was Tasahi-San, 2nd year..." Asahi tells you and see Daichi and Suga looking at him, "Oh... I see," He walks to you and wraps his arms around you, pulling you closer to him and rests his head on yours, "Now, now... What have I told you?"

"Hmm..." You listen to his heartbeat speed up a little more, "T-That I'm strong... I'm beautiful..." You whisper.

"Yeah, what else?" He says and gestures to his friends to leave.

"That you...You like me and only me," You say in a whisper.

"Close but wrong," Asahi says and lets you go, looking down at you, "Feel better?"

"What do you mean I'm wrong?" You look at him, your eyes watery, "Y...You don't like me anymore?"

"Huh? What? No, no I didn't mean that... Don't start crying please," He says and cups your cheeks, resting his forehead against yours, "I don't just like you... I really like you... I love you and only you," He says and his cheeks turn pinkish.

"Y-You love me?" You ask looking at him shocked.

"That so hard to believe?" He asks and you nod, "Why? You're stunning, smart, amazing personality and you have lots going for you."

"You're just saying that," You blush looking down at your feet.

"I'm not just saying anything. I mean what I'm saying and I'll say it to you till I die if that's what you want," He smiles.

"We won't be together that long... You'll get sick of me by the end of the month," You sigh.

Asahi takes hold of your chin and he tilts your head up to look at him, "I will never ever get sick of you," He says and smiles before kissing your forehead, "You are literally everything I could ask for... You don't care that I'm a softie with this face... I should be saying you'd get sick of me."

"Never," You shake your head.

"You're who I'm with, you're what I want, you're so beautiful," He smiles and holds your hand, "Want to come over to mine? We can study, watch a movie, or have dinner."

"Don't you have practice?" You ask.

"Yeah, you can watch," He smiles, "Just try not to distract me okay?" 

"Promise," You nod and lean up then kisses his cheek.

Later that day, you were sat with Asahi in his room both studying to get your homework finished for tomorrow with Daichi and Suga with you both. Daichi and Suga keep glancing at the quiet couple, "Everything...Okay?" Suga asks and Asahi looks at him, "I mean... You're both quiet... More than usual."

"We're okay," Asahi tell him then looks at you, "Right?" You nod as you write your answers down on your worksheet, "See?"

"That's great," Daichi smiles, "You seemed distracted in practice though..."

"I'm sorry... I couldn't focus on practice when I heard Y/N talking to the Yachi and Kiyoko," Asahi says, his cheeks pink and he rubs the back of his neck, "It was... Rather distracting."

"Alright, anyway... We'll be off... Let you both do whatever it is... You both... Do," Daichi says packing his stuff up as does Suga. You all say bye as the two leave the couple alone.

You pack away your homework and textbook before stretching, "How are you feeling? Better than this afternoon?" Asahi asks putting an arm around your shoulders, pulling you into him.

"I'm feeling better... But I still don't believe much of what you've said..." You tell him and curl up a little, "I... I hmm... I'm sorry I'm not brave and I'm sorry I doubt myself and sometimes doubt your feelings for me."

"It's okay don't worry about it," He hugs you and rests his head on yours, "You have nothing to apologise for... It's true she hugged me and confessed but I rejected her and she just hugged me and begged. I pushed her off me and told her that you are who I want. It has and always will be."

"You promise?" You ask and look up at him, "Just be me?"

"Yes, just be you," He smiles and kisses your cheek, "I love you."

"I...I love you too," You smile at him.

***************

Please feel request in comments or my inbox. I will try to get through all of them! I hope you enjoyed this one-shot and come back for more.

Till next time, bye-bye! 💖💖