Library Card

Let's face it. Byulyi wasn't really the kind of girl who guys normally chase after. She wasn't energetic or funny like Wheein, and nor is she a sultry seductress like Hyejin.

She wasn't bothered by it. In fact, she prefers it that way. Don't get her wrong. She knows she's got some good features on her, or at least that's what Yongsun-unnie says as she always points at guys who she claims that are "checking me out". But to be honest there really wasn't anything quite special about her, she's average. Yeah that's one way to describe herself.

So she really can't help wonder why. Why her of all people?

"I don't have a library card,"

She clearly doesn't understand, and has been thinking long and hard about this. But alas, she just couldn't find a damn good answer.

"but do you mind if I check you out?"

Yes, she really just can't seem to ease her confusion. So she did what she always does every time this happens.

"I'm sorry you can't check out books without one, but would you like to get one then? A...library card that is."

Byulyi could only stare at the man in front of her, confusion still eating inside of her. This has been playing out lately, ever since this man entered the very door of the library. 

You must be thinking that she's getting a bit over her head, oh but she's certain she's not. He's been there even before she started working there and from what she heard from the librarian that he's always been a regular visitor and has always been like that. Heck they even don't know each other despite the frequent interactions with him. Yongsun stiffles a giggle beside her as she watches her junior handle their very persistent attendee.

"Well looks like you've finally fallen for me, princess."

Byulyi blinked away from her thoughts as she realized that she'd been staring at him for who knows how long.

"I really can't blame you though, who wouldn't right?"

She pursed her lips tightly and remained quiet. Because first of all, he might find another way to twist her words that would boost his ego up and mostly because he's right. Even she can't help but think that is a fine combination of genes right there.

Tall, dark brown eyes that twinkle with mischief, soft black locks that fall just right above his eyes, strong jaw line, broad shoulders, well damn Byulyi would be lying if she didn't find him attractive. Knowing that smug look, all the attraction she once felt for him suddenly came flushing down the toilet.

She took a glance at the girl beside her who was really trying her best not to laugh out loud at the both them. She tried to sign with her eyes asking for help but sadly Yongsun smiled sheepishly and raised her hands mouthing "All yours Byul".

Releasing a deep breath off her lungs, she looked up at him with a smile, "So how about that library card then?"

~

Byulyi was sorting out some books that were left sitting on the tables and simply she was in the mood to organize. She was happily humming to herself that she was startled when she came face to face with a human being and not a book. There grinning at her through the empty space, she glared at the culprit. Ignoring the (cute) pout on his face, she filled the gap with books and continued on her way, praying to the gods that she would have this day for herself.

But unluckily, the gods were simply not on her side that day.

"Oh c'mon I was just going to ask for directions."