Chapter 3

There was an arm wrapped around me pulling closer so naturally I snuggled closer. After a few seconds the room got brighter and I opened my eyes just a bit to see akanes sleeping face. I backed a bit and saw his face better. He looked so peaceful. My gaze on him softened. He was like a kitten, under a tree on a summers day. I acted with out thinking, my body started moving on its own. I closed my eyes and connected my lips with his. It lasted a few seconds until I was turned onto my back and Akane was on top of me not kissing me anymore. I winced in pain from the bruises I had and he immediately got off "I-I'm sorry! That was uncalled for and I forgot about the bruises!" He had a red face as grabbed his slippers from the side of the bed and walked out the room. All I did was watch and sit there as he left me alone in this bed that wasn't even my own.

I got up and walked out of my room to the kitchen where I was greeted by akanes mom and Akane eating breakfast. "Ah! Yashiro! You're plate is ready! Have a seat!" I sat next to Akane was was playing with his food when he suddenly got up. "I'm not hungry." Both me and akanes mom looked at each other in silence as we continued to eat our food.
"Thank you for the food!" Akanes mom nodded and she sighed "yashiro, do you mind seeing what's wrong with akane? He wasn't himself this morning and I'm worried. "Yes! I will!! I will see what's wrong!!" ... "thank you so much yashiro!" I smiled and ran up the stairs and was about to knock but I heard muffled noises behind the door. "I know I shouldn't listen but- it's for akanes mom-" I put my ear up against door and heard muffled sniffs. I knocked on the door. "Akane?" I heard him shift around and a faint "yes?" "Can I come in?" I heard more movement. "Yes." I walked in and saw him sitting in his bed. His face looked a bit red and his eyes a bit puffy. "I'm sorry...i didn't mean to scare you the way I did." I sat next to him and lifted up my shirt just a bit but enough for him to see the bruise I had on my side going into my back. "I've had this for a while but never really payed attention to it and when you flipped me on my back I realized it was still there." "You don't have to be sorry yashiro, what I did was out of line." "I was the one that started it first! You have absolutely no reason to say you're sorry!" His eyes got glassy, tears threatening to fall. "I'm so sorry yashiro." "Akane..." he looks up at me with a few tears rolling down his cheek I took this chance to connect my lips with his. I hadn't payed attention to it this morning, maybe because I was half asleep but his lips are soft. He tasted like strawberries and he was so gentle. We pulled back for air and looked at each other for a few seconds before he looked at me like he was asking for permission, I nodded my head and he softly connected out lips once more. He slowly leaned forward until I was laying down on my back with him on top of me again like a familiar scene. He was being gentle not rough like I've seen in comics and movies and never would have thought that my first kiss would be with a boy, that I hardly talked to.

"Are you satisfied, akane..?" I said breathless as i looked up at the blushing boy on top of me. His eyes were following lust but nodded and got off. We catched our breath and he got up "I'm going to get the medical box again and you show me all the bruises you have, okay?" I nodded as he left and came back with the medical box. "Akane Can you get me a towel?" "Huh? Why?" "You told me to show you all my bruises didn't you?" His face turned a light pink as he grabbed a towel from his bathroom. "I need you to turn around for a bit." He turned around and I started to take off my shirt. I saw the bruises on my stomach and my arms on my chest aswell. "Okay you can turn around now." The towel was wrapped around my chest and you can clearly see the various bruises on my body he sat behind me and applied some cream onto his hand and softly massaged it hoping not to make my bruises hurt worse.

After a couple minutes he was done. he had placed bandages all over my body. I was tired. I'm not sure from what when I didn't do anything but all I knew is that I wanted him with me. "Akane, cuddle with me." He giggled softly. "Of course yashiro." He once again but the metal box under the bed and proceeded to get in bed with me. After a few seconds I broke the silence. "Akane, what am i to you..? He looked at me and grabbed my chin with his thumb and index finger. "You, yashiro. Are someone very special to me." And proceeded to kiss me once more.
The taste of strawberries. The scent of dust. His soft lips. The sun pouring in through the windows. On this hot summers day I fell in love..With a boy I'd never thought I'd ever love. With the boy that tasted like strawberries.