Chapter 1

I ran as fast as I could through the cracking branches until a dead end. The picture in my head broke when I heard a voice that said:

"Cassidy wake up! You've been sleeping in for two hours already."

I could guess that voice in a second. It was my older sister Kelsey. I opened my eyes thinking about the dream I had. I've been having that same dream for the past few nights. And it always ends there.

I got out of bed and dragged myself down the stairs into the kitchen.

"Well good morning, sleepy head."

"Hi mom" I said, pouring cereal into my bowl. I didn't talk to anyone about my dream. I decided I would forget about the dream as long as I could.

"Hey, where did Kelsey go?", I asked.

"Oh, she's at her gymnastic competition."

"Oh really?"

"Yep." replied my mom. "Now I hope you're done your cereal because we're going to her competition. Or you could stay home with your little sister Fallen."

"I'll stay here with Fallen."

"Ok, well bye sweetheart."

"By mom."

I was sitting on a kitchen chair thinking of what I could do with Fallen today. Fallen is my one-year-younger sister. I'm 14 and she's 13. Fallen came walking downstairs.

"Were is mom." Fallen demanded with a furious look on her face.

"She went to Kelsey's gymnastic competition."

"Well she was supposed to take me to my dance class." Fallen said. I looked around and saw a piece of paper on the table with the name Fallen on it in capital letters.

"Fallen look, there might be a note for you on the table." I picked up the piece of paper and handed it to Fallen. After Fallen took the note I heard a honk coming from outside the window. Fallen dropped the note and went outside into the second car. I picked up the note and it said "dad is taking you to dance class."

"LOVE YOU FALLEN!" I called out after her, then I put the note in the garbage and sat on the couch. I got a little bored so I called my friend Kate.

"Hi Kate, do you want to do something?"

"Like what?"

"Well... we could go to the library?"

"Ok, see you there."

I put my phone away and I was off to the library. I saw Kate waiting at the steps.

"There you are Cassidy, what took you so long?"

"I didn't take long, it just seemed like it because you live right next to the library."

"Come on, let's just go."

We went into the library and straight to our favorite place.

"Hey Kate, look at this new book...It has your birth stone on it." Kate came over here to look at her emerald birth stone. The title is "Emerald charm". Kate picked up the book and started reading it. I noticed that the book behind it was a ruby birth stone. It's title was "Ruby red". I started to scroll through the birth stone books but I couldn't find aquamarine. I looked around and found my birth stone book on the floor so I picked it up and found a chair next to Kate and started reading. Before I did that I looked at the title and it said "The bright beauty".