A Cherry Blossom and a Rose

"Kang Hyewon.....I Love You."

Silence filled the room as Hyewon's face from Sakura's rather sudden confession. She placed her hand on her chest and tighten them into a fist as her gaze solidified into steel. "From the bottom of my heart.....I truly feel that way."

Hyewon wanted to speak but all the thoughts that she had before were overthrown by those 3 words like a siege that currently took ahold of her mind.

She saw a slight movement from Hyewon but she raised her palm towards Hyewon to tell her that she wasn't finished yet.

".....I know.....I know. Why would I say this when we are about to start talking about the last 4 years apart? I mean wouldn't it be better to leave this at the end?"

Sakura's eyes grew sad but never wavered from Hyewon's as she lowered her head slightly. As she drew closer to Hyewon, she stopped in front of her and gently cupped her face with both hands, eyes beaming with adoration for the lovely woman.

"It's simple: I just can't hide the fact that I am an idiot who tried to disguise something so beautiful right in front of me.....that is, the love that the two of us share. I've let you kiss me since the start of the date because why should I deny an action that obviously shows that you care about me?" Her tone was soft which almost melted the young woman as she swiped a few strands of loose bangs away from her face. Hyewon felt happy for that moment but saw Sakura's brows curved upward as a sad expression clouded the latter's face as she removed her hands.

Turning around again, she slinked towards a small table toward the left of the TV stand in front, picking up a framed picture that sat there besides a few magazines. Unbeknownst to Hyewon, it was a picture of them together from one of their dates long ago. As Sakura stared at it, her mouth turned downward into a slight frown as she began to talk again.

"But...are we really meant to be Hyewon?"

Just one sentence and uneasiness already started to set in as Hyewon continued watching Sakura's back, unable to see her face. As it was nighttime, the room was only lit by the lamp that Sakura was in front of, casting a large shadow against the room and making it hard for Hyewon to see her clearly.

"I always wondered about that when we were together.....many times." she continued.

A wrinkle crowned Hyewon's forehead as she started to get worried where this was going. She straightened her back like a new pencil, keeping a laser-like focus on the back of the woman's actions in front of her.

"I just never said anything because you brought me happiness and I honestly love you for that..........but..."

She placed the picture frame down and turned around to face Hyewon again as a worried expression marred her face, hidden in the shadows that echoed in the room.

"......did I change your future for the worse?" she whispered, barely audible to even a bat's ear from how quiet it was.

"......what do you mean Sakura?" Hyewon grew more worried as she continued holding Sakura in her hawk-like gaze.

"I mean that you could've been something entirely different if it weren't for me."

"......what makes you say that? I'm fine where I'm a-"

"Are you really?" Sakura cut abruptly.

Yep, this was serious. Whenever they had small disputes in the past, Sakura had a habit of cutting in to make sure the other person was true to their word. Hyewon could feel the tension rise in the air as it simmered in the room like the desert air.