Lies To Live By

At first the only girl he had his eyes on was Diane. He'd always thought it would be Diane. But that one day, who would of known it wouldn't be.

You entered quietly, honestly he didn't even notice you at first. He guessed he was too lost staring out the window. I'm sure you can tell at what. After a while though he heard a sweet voice. He looked up and was meet with an angelic smile.

You had told him that it was quite obvious that he liked maybe even loved the lady outside. He was too stunned to properly answer. So he lied. Sadly he caught on to what he was saying after the words had left his mouth. But when he heard your giggle, he was good as dead.

Lately he had been losing feelings for the brunette giant. They just weren't as strong as they used to be. But (Y/N) believed him from the start and all he wanted to be was near her. Whether or not it meant lying about how he felt.

King really wanted to confront her but his lie was already too deep.

One day you suggested that he write Diane a letter. You said it would be an easier way to confess things. He agreed because seeing you smile made his heart go pitter patter. His words, although they were given to Diane were meant for you.

Fate one the other hand, had other plans. He thought that when he gave the letter to Diane, she would reject him. He wasn't stupid, he saw the way she acted towards Meliodas. But she said she also felt the same way, and he didn't want to break the girl's heart. So he played it off. Diane brought the small male in for a hug. While in the moment King's eyes wandered to the bay window in the tavern. Where he was just moments before. You and Ban.

He was so jealous. That was supposed to be him standing next to you. Making you laugh. Embracing you. Caring for you. Not him. Anyone but him. It seemed like you were trying to avoid him, and it really hurt.

He continued to lie to you. He really hated it. He felt bad about lying to Diane too.

On late nights he'd would be wishing to be laid next to you not Diane. He'd be wishing he was running his hand in your hair. Wishing to kiss you goodnight. He liked you so much.

One day Diane asked him if he wanted to go out on a date. During that time it was the many rare days where you were actually spending time with him. And he didn't want to spend it with someone else.

"Go King! Your girlfriend is waiting!" you giggled.

It was so beautiful to King. Your smile that is. He thought it would make you happy if he went, but did he really want to. No. Your smile pushed him to do so though.

"Y-yeah sure Diane. We'll hangout soon okay (Y/N)," he gave you a smile as he walked off.

Diane looped her arm around his, and took him around the town. The whole day, Diane rambled and rambled. He was her friend, he couldn't just ask her to shut up.

The sun began to set, the two were currently walking on the wall border of the town. Since Diane was in front of him, he stopped when she did.

"Look King!" she pointed to two deers in the forest outside of the wall. A male and a female. "They're on a date, just like us!"

"Uh yeah sure," he replied. He took a short glance at the two. He didn't really care though. He just wanted to get back to the tavern and spend time with (Y/N).

King felt a hand on his cheek. Diane and his eyes met. She slowly leaned in.

Stop, this isn't right...

Their lips met. Diane was ecstatic, the guy she liked for so long was currently kissing her. Her hands, one cupping the males cheek, and the other on his neck.

Their lips met repeatedly. King thought of nothing, except of how badly he wanted this to be you. He almost let his brain think it was you. So he pulled away.

"I-I'm so sorry. This is my fault. I led you on and I know I shouldn't have. But it made the person I truly like happy. But I can't keeping doing this anymore. You deserve someone so much better," he revealed the truth. Lifted the weight off of his chest. He was relieved.

"O-oh, I-I'm sorry too. It hurts- a lot, but I'll support you. So stop wasting your time here and go get her," she was sad, but she loved him way too much. He would be happy. That would always be enough for her.

"Thank you so much," with that he ran. Ran back to the tavern. When he entered you were not in the main area. So he checked your room, not there either. Bathroom? He checked all 3, still no sign of you anywhere. He went back to the main area to ask for you.

"Looking for (Y/N)?" asked Ban. "She left because of you."

No, it couldn't be true. Right? But then again it could be.

He began to shake. His hands, his legs, his entire body. His fault, it was his fault.

He should've came earlier. How stupid he was. How much he regretted it now. He just realized how much he liked you. That was a lie. He'd always known. He lied to you. And now you were gone.

He lied about liking you, he had loved you.

After so many lies. He was finally going to tell the truth.

"Fate is cruel......"

Soon, very soon, he would find out- fate liked playing games. He would also find out, he was its favorite play thing.