Two

Alison

"Come on, come on." I mumble to the small screen resting in my hand, waiting for the obnoxious ringing to give way to my best friends voice.

After what feels like hours her bright smile finally graces the screen, "Ali!"

"Claire! I miss your face." I can't help but grin back at the blonde beauty on the screen.

"I miss your ugly face too. Hows traveling with Marty?"

"Ugh. It's hell. I was a little excited at first but then..." I sigh, "you'll never guess who's band is on this tour, who Marty is paid to be a trainer for."

"Who?" She cocks an eyebrow at me, smirking.

"Who bullied me for three years while I lived with you and your family?" I groan.

"Wait, like when we were young?"

"I lived with you from age 12 to 15 so those years." I chuckle.

I give her a minute, knowing if she thinks hard enough the answer will dawn on her. Finally after a solid minute she gasps, "Hood?"

"The one and only. And the best part, he has no fucking clue who I am. He literally ragged on me for three years, but not even the slightest inkling of recognition showed on his face when Marty introduced me to his band."

"Ignore him, Ali, it's not like you can bully him back now or make him pay. He was a young teenage boy. Most of them were asses."

"Ya, but he had a particular interest in bashing me in attempts to flirt and complement you." I sigh, "He was the worst of them."

"Maybe he's changed. I know you have in the last eight years. Give him the benefit of the doubt or ignore him. It's a couple months, and you need Marty so you can get back on the field."

"Oh ya, cocky and entitled Hood who has money and a claim to fame now, but he's probably humble as fuck." I scoff.

"Make the best of it, Ali. You don't have anywhere else to go for a long while. Besides, his band's music is really good. Like really, really, good." She smirks.

"But he's an ass. So why does it matter if the music is good?"

"Correction, he was an ass, that doesn't mean he is anymore. And you are fucking cranky. Go outside and kick a ball against a wall with your good leg or something."

"Marty won't let me... ugh, I'm pent up. I want to be on the field with my team again, I want to be running suicides and dribble drills until my legs feel like Jello."

"Clearly you need to do something. Your attitude is big bitch level. I'm only saying that out of love, girly. I promise."

"Don't blow a knee, it's literally the worst injury ever. I can't do any work outs basically."

"You could do an ab circuit, you don't need a working knee for that. Plus the brace is heavy as fuck so it would make the workout harder. Maybe you should go do an ab circuit and see how you feel after."

"You do know I love abs." I grin suddenly.

"Where are you anyway?"

"Cincinnati, the first show of the tour is tonight. I'm in the bus right now, wanted to have some privacy to talk to you. And I needed to vent about Hood. I've successfully avoided him for two days but it's been hell trying to. Everyone lives so close together on a tour like this."

"Well put on your big girl panties and be an adult, Alison. You've got weeks left and you need to at least try to enjoy some of it."

"I'll enjoy a hell of a lot more when I'm walking again."