Chapter Six : Plushie.

Normani and I had just gotten back from the store. I was more silent there than I was when we were here, but I think Normani expected that because she didn't point it out. I had actually ended up bumping into her a few times when someone I didn't know walked too close to me. When she asked what was wrong I stuttered a 'too close' and she understood.

   I don't know why I moved closer to her when someone else had gotten too close, but I don't think Normani minded it. She just assured me that she was right next to me and that she wouldn't let anybody make me feel uncomfortable. It was kind of humoring considering Normani is much smaller than me, but it still made me feel better.

   "I bought you something." Normani says.

   She leaves the living room to go to her room and, assuming she wanted me to, I follow after her. She had left her door open, so I walk inside of her room slowly. She throws her bags onto her bed and I just look around the room to see what she's done with it.

   I had an extra room that I never really did anything with. I didn't know what to do with it, so I just left it how I found it. The walls are a bright white which is new to me since all of my walls are colorful. I never really came into this room after moving in. I chose the room I wanted and just left this one to exist.

   Normani's bed is plain with just a white fitted sheet on top of it. Like she said, there are no pillows or blankets on it. She hasn't added any decorations or pictures. It's plain with just her clothes in the closet and her speaker on a nightstand she had bought. I'm curious as to why she hasn't tried to make this her own comfortable space like I did with my whole apartment.

   "It's plain in here." I comment aloud.

   Normani turns around to face me and she sends me a large grin. I don't know why she's smiling, but I smile back anyways. She starts to pull her things from the bags as she shrugs.

   "This is still your apartment and I didn't think you'd feel comfortable with me buying things to decorate this room with." Normani says.

   "But it's your r-room. Shouldn't you have th-the right to d-decorate it to your comfort?" I ask.

   She shrugs, crumbling up the plastic bags and throwing them away in the small white trash can she added. "I'm leaving eventually. Why would I make myself comfortable if I'm not staying for much longer?"

   I can't stop myself from frowning at that. I don't want Normani to leave. I like having her here. She's becoming a friend to me and I don't want her to go away so that I'll never see her again. That thought makes me sad.

   "Wh-What if I d-don't-"

   "Here," Normani interrupts, handing me three plushies.

   I smile, holding the largest sloth plushie to my chest as I look down at it. I then look to the two smaller sloth plushies in my other hand. One much smaller, but the other being the tiniest. I saw them while I was in there, but I didn't buy them because then I'd be spending more money than I'm used to spending.

   "Th-These were expensive." I say, looking up at Normani.

   She only smiles, staring down at my lips. She turns around to unzip the plastic that her comforter is in as she shrugs.

   "It's the least that I can do. You've let me stay here and you've made me feel as welcome as you could, so I should do some stuff in return." Normani says.

   "I saw you looking at them while we were in there ... you like them, right?"

   I nod, holding the giant one closer to me. I have a lot of plushies in my room just because I like the way they look. They give my room color and plus I can hold them when I'm working on things so they can keep me warm. Plushies are just really nice, but that store had really expensive plushies so I knew that I couldn't buy them.

   "Thank you." I smile.

   Normami stares at my lips, muttering a 'you're welcome' while she smiles. She turns her attention back to her bed and starts to take her comforter out of the plastic. When it's fully out she spreads it across the bed and evens it out. I stand back and watch as she sets her pillows at the head of her bed.

   "Do you wanna watch SpongeBob?" Normani asks.

   "What t-time is it?" I ask.

   "About seven."

   "Okay, b-but I need t-to go to bed s-soon." I say.

   "What time do you go to bed?" Normani asks, turning around to face me.

   "Nine." I reply.

   "Wow, you don't stay up very late."

   I shake my head, leaving to the living room. Normani follows behind me and I sit in my regular seat. She walks passed me to sit where she was sitting earlier and grabs the remote to turn the tv on. I get up early so I like to have eight hours of sleep before I need to wake up.

   "I go to sleep at like midnight, but I notice that you're never here when I wake up. I gotta be at work by seven, what about you?" Normani asks.

   "Five thirty." I mumble, looking at the tv.

   "God damn."

   I giggle at her cursing and look down to my stuffies. I don't curse much, rarely ever, but it's amusing to me how other people sound when they curse. I'm basically a child when it comes to things revolving around maturity at my age.

   "Well, I'll make sure that you get to bed on time. I'll watch the clock so that you don't have to worry about it." Normani says.

   I smile, pulling my plushies closer to me. Mumbling an 'okay', I turn my attention to the tv and relax into the couch. It's not often when Lauren wants to watch cartoons with me, so I'm glad that Normani is willing to watch them with me. Plus, Lauren likes to try and get me to stay up, but Normani is okay with my bedtime.

   I like Normani's company a lot more than I was expecting to.

—~—~—~—~—~—~—~—~—