Friends in Low Places

Pamela hands the man at the Bowery her check for the space, in the room right next to the bar, confirming

“5:00, Friday, June 7th. Done.” and shaking the man's hand.

Elsewhere, Jess is doing the same thing in the garden area, but instead, she whips out her card, also confirming, “Done.”

Jack turns to Jess as the man walks away, “Now we need to find you another maid of honor

Jack turns to Jess as the man walks away, “Now we need to find you another maid of honor. And quickly, because you're gonna be spending more time with her than the groom.”

Jess informs Jack of the problem with that, “My friends have already told me they're not taking sides.”

Jack informs her, “I never said it had to be a friend.”

And so goes the painful process of finding a new maid of honor, the one thing both brides thought was a sure thing before this whole mess happened.

The conversations with the various candidates range from,

“Brady talked so highly about you all the time! Of course you were my first choice for maid of honor!”,

to, “We always have a blast whenever we happen to see each other at a concert! Who else would I pick for maid of honor?”

But both brides are falling short on their luck in this department, so finally, they decide to make do with what's in front of them.

Jess calls, “Kevin?” and one of her interns turns towards her. “Yes?”

“Got a new project for you. As of now, you're my Intern of Honor.”

Kevin's quick to ask, “Any exciting benefits?”

Jess is already moving on, now that she's got that issue out of the way, “No, it's just an honor. Be honored.”

Unfortunately, Pamela isn't faring any better either, and that leads her to have a very painful conversation with the only woman in the immediate area who just might actually be able to show up as her maid of honor. Her ex sister-in-law.

Her phone rings for a few minutes or so, until finally, she picks up, “ Hello?”

Hey, Camille. Cam. Listen, I know we're not exactly on the best terms.”

Oh, we're not? Then how come I'm always helping you out with Jesse?”

“You've never helped me with-” But stops herself, cause she needs to get this locked down. “Nevermind. How would you feel about being my maid of honor?”

Do I get to look hotter than you? I mean I'm not ugly or nothing, but you tend to draw the eye away from me whenever we're in the same room.”

Pamela sucks in a breath, “Absolutely.” but tries to reign some control back in, “I mean I might try to help…”

“Thing is, I'm seriously lonely. And then there's your upcoming nuptials with a guy that isn't Jesse…”

Again, Pamela swallows her pride, “Well what do you think the bride is for? To get the maid of honor through this tough time. Seriously. I'd be honored to have you as my Maid of honor.”

Later, trying to book the music

Camille, or Cam as she's called, is sipping the beers on tap, suddenly lets out a less than eloquent belch, and calls out to Jack and Pamela, a few feet away.

“Hey, have you heard of an ale called Uncle Jesse's? It's one of those beers that makes you feel like you could drink it…” she pauses, to emphasize the last word, “Forever.”

Pam just does her best to ignore Cam, focusing on what Jack is trying to tell her,

“Now your music is still pending, but unfortunately, the Recliners are no longer available on that date.”

Pamela is pissed, “What? But they're the only cover band in the area that does classic rock. I made a deal!”

Jack continues, “Unfortunately, one of my other brides outbid you. And confidentiality does state that I can't tell you who she is.”

“That cunt!” Comes the shout from the bar.

This prompts both Jack and Pamela to look at Cam, so she tries to cover, “No, not either of you. Someone else.”

Jack leaves the room, leaving Pamela and Cam to talk amongst themselves.

Pamela feels the need to ask, “You don't think that Jess-”

Cam's already nodding, “Yeah, I do.”

Despite the spat she and Jess are in, she just can't see Jess crossing that line. “No, no. She wouldn't do that. She knows how much it means to me and Dean. She doesn't even like classic rock. And it's too petty.”

Cam asks, “Too on the nose?”

It's quiet for a moment, but then, Cam suddenly gets an idea, “Wait a minute. Didn't you tell me she's wearing a Vera Wang?”

Pam's not sure what she's getting at, so she answers truthfully, “Yes...”

“Don't those dresses run really tight? And isn't she a big stress eater when it comes to important events?”

Pam immediately denies it, “No, no. She's just…” then admits, “Little bit.”

But finally, she understands where Camille is going with this. Maybe she needs to put in a few requests from Jess’ old buddies, Harry & David.