Chapter XXI ~ When It All Proves to Be Unending

A/N: Alright, guys. This is it. The final chapter. All that's left is an epilogue after this (the length undetermined) and that'll be it. I really quickly want to thank everyone for coming along on this ride with me and getting to the end of my book. It's been an incredible year-long journey. This now marks pretty much the end of my first novel, and I do plan on writing more stories after this. It is unknown to me whether it will still be fan fiction or my own original work, although I an leaning more toward the latter.

Either way, I just want you to know that I may not be where I am today if it weren't for you guys. Sometimes I'd feel bad about my chapters, and your reviews, whether good or bad, would cheer me up. I'm so sad to say that this is the ending; I wish it could go on longer. But I'd just like to say thank you from the bottom of my heart, and enjoy this fluffy last chapter!

(Also, P.S: the formatting is a little weird on ff.net for this chapter, but just slightly. If any of you are also / primarily reading on there, I apologize. Sadly I cannot fix it or I might mess up the document.)

~+~+~

Mina put together the final few pieces of her outfit—a beautiful metal hair clip, one a bit too blinding yet still pleasing to the eye, white pearls and angelicas and bits of silver and gold scattered scarcely throughout, all without wither. She clasped her earrings closed, a pair of showy hoops, and slipped on a few extra bracelets. She only needed a necklace to complete the look, Yaoyorozu throwing it on overhead.

Mina faced the mirror.

Jirou teased her hair a little, double-checking to make sure none of it would fall out. "There. Done. Girl, you look perfect."

Mina admired herself.

For once in her life she could honestly say she felt pretty.

The same went for the other girls, who had spent the last little while together getting dressed and getting ready. Mina had opted to go last, the only one to do so; she decided it on her own that, gladly, she'd repress her desires to look good and simply enjoy the process. Besides, how could she properly do everyone else's makeup in haphazardly high heels? (Well, not necessarily high high, but a good two or three inches or so, enough to make a difference, to be more of a hindrance than a God-given grace. She couldn't let herself get too tall, as then she'd be taller than Izuku.)

And even if she did decide, dumbly, to do makeup in such a disorderly state, it'd almost certainly turn out a mess.

Already tuckered out, she cut her losses, leaving Yaoyorozu, pampered and pumped up, to do her makeup.

"Just a little bit," she'd said. "I'll make it natural."

As always, Yaoyorozu didn't disappoint.

Mina turned around, smiled as soon as it set. "It looks great, Momo. Thanks."

Yaoyorozu tucked a loose strand of hair behind her ear, looking cheerfully down at her. "Anytime."

Mina sat up out of her chair, barely being able to bounce in her high heels. Her room was a mess, and all the girls could see, but she didn't really care. She didn't have the audacity to.

Besides, she was all the way up in seventh heaven.

Next to nothing would bring her down.

And this night certainly didn't make that list.

As today was the anticipated date of the dance, what they'd been waiting for all week, the last day of school the Saturday afterward, that very next day. It would be a week-long vacation and then they'd be back at it again, this time second years.