(S.2) Chapt.21

Everything. . . Became confusing. I see heavenly bodies of the skies. Or am I dipped down to a frigid blanket of snow? That doesn't matter anymore. Because all that was taken away from me -
everything went pitch-black within a blink of an eye. Nothing felt right after that. I felt like I lost a limb or two, and my mind might've went along with it too, yet every bit of my body ached, and even those things I felt I've lost. Despite of seeing the obvious darkness engulfing me into its abyss, the haunting freeze of white winter had crept into my system, and its all that I could feel.

To my wake. I was in a hospital ward.

          "MISS, don't panic. You're in a Veterinary Hospital" the nurse cooed, hushing her to calm down. The Cockapoo's eyes darted every corner of the room in search for someone – somebody, "W-where are my friends?" her voice small and almost unheard. Placing the tray that cargoes a bowl of food and water, her nurse had explained that her owner – Ryder, was back in Adventure Bay and decided to check everyone else by afternoon onward; the rest of her friends were in a ward just like her.

          Skye thanked the nurse for laying out informations she can chew on for. She knew she has to have something from what happened to her friends, and from what she could see – is that it had greatly affected her and her fellow pup-friends. A tiny wave of relief surged her as the thought of Ryder being unaffected from whatever happened on the previous days had washed over her. "Oh, one last" she calls, sitting on her bed – halting the nurse to a stop before she completely exits the ward "How. . . Long was I out?" The nurse's face saddened a little but a small speck of smile returned "About three days, dear. If you feel lonely, I can send in one of your friends in here. He had recovered quite quickly within two days." The Cockapoo didn't hesitate, she nodded. After three days of asleep and feeling alone and cold in spite of being wrapped snugly with a white blanket.

          "Alright then, just please wait patiently" the nurse beams then left the ward quietly. Skye looked around her and found a mask clasping around her face and were connected to an oxygen mask. Her favorite kind of flowers were left on her bed-table – sunflowers. Beside that, a noticeable G E T   W E L L   S O O N letter – inked with a blue marker was found. A smile crept onto her lips unknowingly at Ryder's thoughtful gesture, she wondered what he brought for the others though. . . Knowing she won't get any answer right this instance, she allowed herself to study the room, looking at its four corners carefully. But no matter how long she forces herself something will pop-out interesting. . . Nothing happened. The white-painted walls stayed the same. The window by her right rear remained radiant that continued to spill in the sun's glorious shine. The ceiling remained above her, and the light bulb that hung above her remained asleep.

          "Miss?" Another nurse popped out, it wasn't the same nurse that gave her - her food "Do you feel any better? Do you feel your breath shortening?" The Cockapoo nodded sideways in decline "Then I'll be just taking this off and you may eat your first meal after three days" she professionally removed the mask from her by twisting the knob of the tank off and slowly removing the elastic band that hugs from her face. After that, she felt free and normal. As she watches the second nurse wheel the oxygen tank out with the mask she had recently used, her tummy began to roar beneath the thick sheet of blanket. Right away, she knew she had to eat. Slowly creeping to the bed-table, she began to munch and drink the dish she was provided, and for a brief moment, she had finished it all up specklessly. Humming in delight with a satisfied tummy, she sat back down with a satisfied smile lingering her face.

          Just as she was about to accept the silence to become her peace, the first nurse that she found was standing by the doorway. Smiling, she looked below outside "She's ready to see you" the nurse had exited and allowed the pup to enter. "Chase!" Skye mentions his presence as he waltzed in to her ward. His face looked drooped, and the usual energetic auburn eyes that lies within him were extinguished by the overlapping tiredness that swims in his veins "Uhm. . . H-hello. . ." He greeted in stammer, gaze looking away from her.

          Confusion immediately struck her. Why was he so nervous towards her? Was it something – oh. She realized that he must be guilty of what had happened to them. "Oh Chase. . . You know what had happened. . . Before" she gulped "Didn't happen because of you. You had good intentions, but you don't have to feel guilty all about it" she then smiles at him "At least we're safe and sound now, aren't we?" Chase just looked at her as if she grew a mushroom on her head, and Skye felt unconscious of herself. She became insecure of the things she said and had probably reached Chase in a wrong way. But she doesn't know is that Chase completely understood her exactly what she wanted to explain.

          "W-what's wrong?" The Cockapoo stammered, her concern for Chase rising up, as he was eerily quiet ever since he entered the room, and she's been doing the talking the whole minute. This wasn't the Chase she knew, but perhaps he was and something within is bothering him. The German Shepherd sighed and looked out the window, not moving an inch from where he stood "I just. . . Don't get it" he sighs "What don't you get Chase?" Skye's voice rattled as she spoke.

"How do you know me?
We never associated before."