Of Promises and Missions

Arya was walking through the Temple's Meditation Gardens when she felt a presence near her through the force and she turned around to see Master Yoda walking towards her. Once the Grandmaster was right next to her, she resumed walking albeit at a slower pace than before to allow the smaller man to walk normally. The two of them walked through the sun drenched chambers in relative silence which was relaxing, until she found an empty bench for the two of them to sit down. When both of them were settled, Master Yoda spoke up " Discussing about you, the Council has been. A mission we have for you, but trust you how can we? Divided the council is on this matter." Arya pondered on how to prove her loyalty to the Jedi because honestly right now a mission sounded like a good idea, at least she could step out of the temple for a while. "Master Yoda, will she give some time to think about this? I am sure I will find some way to prove where my allegiance lies." Master Yoda hummed in reply and then walked away after bidding her farewell, leaving her in deep thought.

~~~~~~~~~~~

Arya was back in her quarters when an idea struck her. She went to archives and with the help of Madame Jocasta, she researched a bit and found a brilliant way for the Council to make sure that she remained loyal to the republic. Ready with the necessary information she went to Master Yoda and told him about her idea and he strangely was a bit reluctant at first but ultimately agreed, but she still had to get the approval of the council. she went to them and explained sher idea " Basically what it is that I will be bound by the force, and my honour obviously, to one of you so should I turn against you or do anything that would cause damage to your cause you shall immediately feel it through the force and take the necessary precautions to prevent further damage and prepared for whatever it is that I have done." Master Saesee Tiin then asked "And who might be the Jedi to whom she would be bound, Lady Arya?" "Anyone that the council wishes I have no specific preferences in this matter" she replied. Master Plo then asked her, "If you do not mind me asking M'Lady, why are you so eager to go on this mission?". Smiling she replied "Master Plo, surely you will understand when I say that I have never spent long periods of time without actually going on missions, even if they are diplomatic ones with senators so it is very strange and slightly uncomfortable for me to spend all the time indoors, not even leaving this building. I exercised a certain amount of freedom before the incidents took place that brought me here and now, so staying here doing nothing while living in luxury and being imprisoned right now feels the same for me. Spending my day just roaming about and not doing anything constructive is stifling and makes me feel almost as if i am being suffocated, so this mission would be a welcome change of pace, and would certainly help me out in more ways than one" Master Plo seemed happy with her answer as did the rest of the council. Master Yoda then asked her to leave while the council pondered on this matter. She found her way to the Archives where she spent her time with Madame Jocasta who was certainly an interesting company. While she looked like a frail old librarian, she was actually nothing of the sort if the accounts of the missions she went on and the things she had to do to get certain bits of manuscripts and documents were true. She was telling her of her trip to the distant planet of Dagobah when Master Agen Kolar found her.

"Lady Arya, Madame Jocasta" he bowed his head as a sign of respect and so did the two of them. Madame Jocasta excused herself while she and Master Kolar went for a walk. "The council has decided they will allow you to go on this mission and the person you are to be bound to shall be Master Yoda. As for the mission itself you shall be debriefed as soon as you are ready."

"Very well" she said "Better get along with it. Anyway thank you Master Kolar, it was a pleasure talking to you" with that she bowed to the man and walked towards the council room where she knew Master Yoda would be waiting for her.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Obi Wan and Anakin were in one of the data rooms in the temple that had been assigned as a briefing room. They were waiting for the Masters to arrive and tell them about their mission. Anakin was as usual impatient and was fidgeting and no matter how many times Obi Wan asked him to relax he simply did not stop. Obi Wan was about to ask Anakin to sit down and calm his thoughts when he heard the door open.He looked up expecting to see the Master Yoda, but to his surprise saw Arya. Even Anakin was a bit taken back by seeing her and asked "Arya, what are she doing here?" she gave them a lopsided grin and simply said "I was asked to be here" and went and sat down. Obi Wan, who was just as confused as Anakin asked "By whom?", but the reply to his question did not come from her, rather it came from a certain dark Jedi who had just entered the room. "We sanctioned the presence of Lady Arya on the mission for we believe that she would require additional help and as it is Lady Arya has oftened complained about how she was getting 'bored' being stuck here, we decided perhaps she should be the one to help the two of she" said Master Windu as he walked down the stairs and stood in front of the holoprojector in the center of the room. Obi Wan, who did not want to hurt sher sentiment but was not sure what the council was planning simply lowered his voice so that she could not hear him and asked Master Windu, if council had thought this through, and Master simply replied by saying that the decision that the council had arrived was a well informed decision and that Obi Wan should not worry much for the council was sure that she would not do anything that would cause the Jedi Order or the Republic problems. Obi Wan simply nodded his head and went along with it wondering what she had done to get not only the approval of just Master Yoda or Master Windu but the approval of the whole council.