chapter 1

Axton~

I watched from a short distance as two wolves approached the tree I had just been at mere seconds ago. One was a dark amber color the other a light tan. They were cautious and sniffed the area thoroughly making sure no one was around. They inspected the tree and communicated to one another through a pack link.

They came here for border patrol, to make sure no one and nothing was crossing into their precious alphas territory.

They inspected the area again and looked out into the forest around them, completely unaware of the threat only a few feet from them.

I waited patiently as the tan wolf gave up and declared the scent to be old, while the amber wolf looked on a moment longer. He was stareing right at my beta who was hiding among some bushes.

The tan wolf stopped and looked back at the amber wolf, no doubt telling him to hurry up so they could continue their patrol but the amber one didn't budge an inch, his ears were pointed forward and his tail was raised slightly to show he was alert.

When the young tan wolf huffed and started to walk away again, I sprang forward. Sinking my teeth into his neck drawing blood. They barely had a chance to yelp before I snapped his neck in my jaws.

The amber wolf spun around, obviously surprised. They were not expecting to be ambushed from behind. But as his attention was turned towards me my beta and two other wolves jumped out of their hiding spots and lunged for him.

He had no chance to react to the assault, as one of my pack members dug his fangs into the wolf's hind-leg.

He snapped back but was quickly silenced in one fluid movement of my beta grabbing onto his neck and snapping it.

I dropped the wolf in my jaws as my other pack members stepped out of the shadows around me.

My beta dropped his kill and gave me a slight nod.

The winter moon pack had no idea what was to come. They would either join us or die with their alpha and his family.

I looked towards the center of the territory we would be infiltrating and gave the silent command to proceed with the plan. The others raced ahead deeper into the pack grounds while my beta and I stayed back.

I looked down at the bodies of the two wolves it was easy to tell the tan wolf was a simple omega with little to no training, whereas the amber one had some experience. I scoffed and began to follow my pack deeper into the territory, as my beta followed.

Alpha kade was ignorant, he did not properly train his pack how to fight nor how to track. He lacked the skill to teach them himself and did not allow strong males in his pack often. He feared that if he did they may challenge him for the title of alpha.

Because of that, he was bound to fall, he was only alpha because he inherited the pack when his grandfather passed. Since then they have stopped trading or conversing with other packs in the area, isolating them from the outside world.

Perhaps he was aware this day would come, that he might be assassinated if he allowed other packs into his territory. His paranoia would be the downfall of him. He had lost his alliances and any communications with other packs leaving them open to attacks.

The winter moon pack territory is renowned for its lush territory, especially during harsh winters, it is not as scarce to find food because herds often travel here to graze, and with the dense forest and mountain ranges around the border of the territory, it's nearly impossible for anyone to attack during winter, the March blizzards that come through act as a natural barrier.

That's why we are attacking now before winter starts. We will take over the pack and their lands, winter will come and other packs will not be able to come in to try and seize control when the alpha is dead. The only reason they do not attack the winter moon pack themselves is because they wish to keep their paws clean. Attacking other packs unwarrantedly is often deemed disgraceful and is looked down upon, but for Axton, it should be no surprise that he is attacking the winter moon pack as he is after revenge.

Alpha Kade has had this coming for a long time and Axton couldn't wait to break him and rip apart his family, there were rumors going around that his mate passed away but he still had a daughter who was just as bad as him. He wanted to rid the world of Kades' entire blood-line.

He would start with Kade, then his daughter.