chapter 7

Axton~

As night fell in the territory everyone was beginning to get anxious. We were all itching to start the raid but I was also itching for something else. I couldn't get that female out of my head, without saying or doing anything she made me feel things I've never felt before.

I never understood what others meant when they tried to explain how it felt when they first met their mates but I think I understand it now, it's almost indescribable, you just feel it. And when I looked into her eyes, I felt it.

"Alpha everyone is getting restless, we've been in enemy territory for hours now everyone's been worried we will be found." My beta spoke.

I glanced over at the young boy we had tied up and knocked out he was the only scout in this area as far as we could tell. I scoffed their alpha was foolish he didn't even properly train his recruits before throwing them out into the field.

I looked back at my pack, in total there were 17 of us here 3 of us stayed back to watch over the children. We were short on numbers but just one of us could overpower 3 wolves in this pack.

I'm not worried about it, priority is securing the civilians of this pack, then subdue any resistance or soldiers. Last but not least we find the bastard alpha and his kin and I'll have my revenge.

"Everyone stand!" I spoke through the pack link. And everyone got to their feet.

"Today we take back out home and rid these lands of the false alpha! " they all barked and yipped in excitement.

"Your all aware of the risks and know the plan. The alpha and his daughter belong to me, I will have their heads. And we will have our revenge!" They barked and bared their teeth showing they were ready.

"Let's take back our home." I gave the signal howling at the moon above. My pack ran past me and headed straight for the packhouse. And I tailed behind them quickly catching up and running ahead. Once the packhouse was in sight, there was bloodshed. I stopped and watched my pack overpower the guards and warriors of the pack while also rounding up any strays who tried to run.

Those who didn't submit and protected the false alpha would perish. And those who submitted would join us, I would reshape this pack into its former glory.

My beta came up beside me. "You will not join the fight alpha?"

I watched my pack proceed with the plan, they had everything under control. "No, I trust that you all can handle everything, I have...other arrangements." Turning away from the fighting I walked back towards the direction of the cottage in the woods.

I need to pay a visit to a certain female.

As I got to the cottage I could see there were no lights on inside, the area was completely silent.

I transformed into my human form and walked up to the small building, I could smell her inside the scent of lilies was strong but I also could smell smoke and blood. Probably from the packhouse the scent was in the air. It bothered me but there wasn't much I could do about it, a werewolf's sense of smell was strong, but could easily be overwhelmed.

Stepping into the cottage I glanced around to see the place was old and seemed to rarely be used And the scent of herbs filled the small cabin nearly blocking out all other scents.