PREVIEW:

As he pressed his lips to the cold bottle, his mind drifted to the girl who seemed to always occupy his mind.  No matter how many times he tried to shake her, he couldn't. There was just something about the girl with those deep brown eyes that drove him absolutely crazy.

He let the sting wash over him, welcoming the familiar feeling. He loved the way the liquid made him feel. But he knew that she could make him feel so much better, if only he would allow it.

That was the problem, though. He wouldn't allow it. She was way too good for him, and he didn't want to mess with her innocence. He was a train wreck, and she was an angel. She didn't deserve all of the baggage he carried. He was a lost cause, and her, not so much. She held so much life, and he didn't want to be her corruption.

As he took another swig, a wave of nausea overtook him. He got up slowly, careful to not spill his guts into the floor. As he swung the bathroom door open, he fell to the floor, not being able to keep balance

His mind reeled back to her, wondering what she would think of the nervous mess he had become. As the world around him grew dark, the only thing he could think of was her smile. And that alone, was enough to keep him hanging on.