Chapter 6: Italian Names

The next day I woke up before Bella so I made the coffee for Charlie and myself, Bella wasn't a coffee drinker. I also put some toast and then got upstairs to change and get ready for school. Once I was ready I went to the kitchen, Bella was nibbling on her toast and Charlie was drinking his coffee.

"I'm not gonna be here for dinner, I have to go to Mason County, a worker there was found dead by some sort of animal attack. So you guys can order take out or something" Charlie informed us and I grimaced.

"Animal attack?" Bella seemed a little scandalized.

"You guys are not in Phoenix anymore" Charlie remind us in a matter of fact way, he took his jacket from the perch next to the door and then gave us a final wave right before going out.

"Let's go, we are going to be late if we don't leave now" I hurried Bella, she nodded and took the other toast in between her teeth and swung her backpack on her shoulder.

"Soff, don't forget your..."

"I already have it" I cut her off, she nodded and we both exited the house.

"I am going to confront Edward Cullen today" was the first thing I heard when I closed the truck's door, I looked at my sister confused. 

"What are you talking about?" I questioned my sister, having no idea of what she was talking about. She backed up the truck before answering.

"Yesterday on Biology class, Edward Cullen was my lab partner but he treated me like I was the plague, so I am going to ask him what is his problem" she said with determination, I shrugged.

"Good for you"

Soon we arrived to the school parking lot, we got out of the truck and Bella nudged me to tell me she was going to say hi to her friends and I told her I would be heading straight to the lockers. I tried to open the locker but it was kind of stuck.

"You should try pushing the door and then lifting the lock" I heard a girl said and I tried it and gasped when it opened. I turned to look to the girl who had helped me, it was the red haired Cullen, or actually Hussy.

"Hi, my name is Maggie Hussy, you must be the new girl" she introduced herself while leaning on her back to the lockers and her face turned to me, a couple of feet back I could see Emmett that gave us a quick glance before pulling some of his books out of his own locker.

"Hi, I'm Soff Swan" I replied with a small smile, but I felt really self-conscious for two things. First, Maggie was absolutely beautiful and I felt simple and plain standing next to her and second a lot of people were staring at us, even worse than they were yesterday.

"Is it short for Sophia?"  Maggie asked and tilted her head, I shook my head no.

"It's Soffia actually, S-O-F-F-I-A, my mom had a thing for Italian names and she liked Sophia but since my sister is called Isabella, she wanted our names to somehow match each other so I winded up with the strange name" I explained and she snorted, Emmett was standing right beside her but I hadn't noticed, I waved a little to him with my arm still glued to the books I was holding to my chest.

"Is not that weird you know?" Maggie said while turning to face me and now leaned on her boyfriend, Emmett just put his hand on her shoulder and brushed off some of her red hair. They looked good together, like two pieces of a puzzle.

"It is" I grimaced "That's why I just go by Soff" 

Maggie smirked at my comment.

"Hey I get it you know, my name is Margaret, which is a mouthful so Maggie it is" she shrugged, I smirked as well.