Always There For His Son

A silly one-shot I wrote in a day. Enjoy~

Little padded feet pitter-pattered down the long hallways of Whole Cake Chateau, the sound of wheels rolling along the ground accompanying. The messenger fox was doing his job in the family, as he wasn't especially skilled or strong in anything that the others were. He had no offensive abilities other than his zoan fruit, which was useless as the size the user was at the moment.

The fox wore a golden outfit with a crest of the family's mark on it so that everyone knew who he was and that, despite his job, he was part of the family and recognized as a Charlotte. He knew the chateau by heart, every shortcut and room, where to go when he was needed, and who lived where.

After two years of being the messenger, it was easy to map out the place in his head and go where he was instructed immediately. At the moment, he was carrying a letter from the chefs to Big Mom, telling her about the status of the ingredients that were to be used in the upcoming tea party, along with the wedding that was part of the same event.

The fox stopped at the largest door on the floor, and scratched the door with his clawed toes loud enough to be heard on the other side. He was too small to open the door himself, as he was the size of a red fox, so in most of the rooms, there was a little doggy door for him to go through after getting permission to enter.

"Come in!" Big Mom's voice called through the large door. The fox opened the hatch and easily went inside, the cart fitting perfectly inside as well. Since he usually carried lightweight things, the cart wasn't too big and heavy. After all, he was a Charlotte but he was also only seven. Even though his daddy and aunts and uncles were strong at his age, Luffy was not like the others in his family. That's why he had this job. To not get in anyone's way and to be useful in his own way.

"Luffy! What news do you have now?" Big Mom asked. Luffy kicked the release pedal on the cart so it unclipped from his harness and he transformed into his little boy form. He didn't say anything, as he never did to anyone but his daddy, but pulled out the letter, very big for his hands as it was meant to be held by the massive yonko.

He scurried over and bowed, presenting the letter. Big Mom took it from his small hands, and gave him a treat. Luffy didn't like this, as it made him feel demeaned, and like he was an animal and not a Charlotte zoan. The only zoan in the family. But a treat was better than being hurt, so he gladly took the candy and shifted back into form, easily hooking the harness back on with his mouth.

Big Mom excused him, as she didn't have a response letter to anyone else. If she did, then the speaker on his harness would beep. To be most efficient, special technology had been made for Luffy's harness to make sounds when someone important needed something. Mostly the kitchen and Mama.

Luffy had another letter to deliver to the sizing department about Pudding's wedding dress. Big Mom didn't know, but there had been a rip in it while moving it, so it needed to be tended to. He sprinted down the halls, the palace servants and workers giving him a respectful nod, even though he was just a messenger. If he didn't have the crest on, he'd probably be treated like an animal by those who werent acquainted with him on a daily basis.

When he ran up the railing on the stairs and then reached the seamstress's room, he scratched at the door. This one didn't have a door for him since he rarely delivered here as there was usually no need. The door was opened and he hurried inside, reaching behind him to take the letter out of the cart and set it on the floor.

The woman in the room picked it up and thanked him after he marked on it with ink that it had been delivered. For now, his job was over and he was to wait in the lounge room until another order came. He still had an hour before it was evening and his job was over for the day. When he got into the room, he unhooked the harness again and shifted into human form to raid the refrigerator carrying food for the staff to have on breaks.