Return to Riverwood

They set out for Riverwood, planning to ride south through Falkreath. Duna seemed to be feeling much better after taking the day to rest, and the horses seemed happier too.

They stopped for lunch by a small stream just before noon. They were almost to Falkreath, but Duna preferred to stop somewhere quiet where she could take her mask off. Farkas was glad to dismount and let the horses drink anyway. The weather was starting to get chilly in the north, but in the southern parts of Skyrim, it was definitely still summer. As the sun got higher in the sky Farkas had begun to sweat a bit under his steel plates.

As soon as Duna dismounted she pulled her mask off with a sigh of relief. Her face was flushed and her hair was a bit matted with sweat.

"How is it so cold in Solitude, and still so hot here?" She complained as she pulled her boots off to dip her feet in the cool water.

Farkas chuckled. He wanted to take his armor off and join her, but he took a moment to focus and take stock of their surroundings first.

It was a sunny day, with a soft breeze blowing through the tops of the trees... it would have been a lovely day if it weren't just a bit too hot. He could smell birds flitting through the trees... the wet dirt at the stream's edge... a few random butterflies and dragonflies that fluttered and darted through the air around them... nothing caused him or his wolf spirit any concern... and he could hear and smell Duna as she splashed in the cool water.

"It is hot," he agreed, as he began to unstrap his armor.

Duna just nodded as she leaned back on one of the rocks and began trying to turn the hood of her mask inside out. She glanced up at him as he took off the last of his steel.

The soft breeze was much more noticeable blowing through his slightly damp under-tunic.

"That looks like an even better idea," Duna grinned. She set her mask to the side and began undoing the straps on her own armor. Farkas tried not to stare... he'd never seen what she wore under her armor... he knew leather needed less padding than steel... for a brief moment he allowed himself to hope she wore nothing under her armor... but he was pretty sure she wouldn't be taking it off now if that were the case...

The dark grey cotton pants under her leg greaves weren't a surprise to him, he'd seen those before, she periodically swapped them out for brown or tan ones... what he hadn't seen before was the cream colored, sleeveless cotton shirt. It definitely made it more difficult not to stare... it was damp with sweat and clung to her curves... and it hung low enough in the front he could almost see her breast band underneath... it was the first time he'd ever been able to actually see any of her cleavage... gods, he liked everything he saw...

Farkas busied himself getting lunch from the trail rations in his gear pack while he tried to rein in both his wolf spirit and his own growing arousal.

They ate lunch in the shade of the trees by the stream, and after lunch Duna rolled her pants up to more easily splash through the water. Farkas just watched her for several moments as she chased a small fish through the shin-deep clear water. The child-like fascination on her face as the tiny fish darted around her was adorable...

"They not have fish in Cyrodiil?" He asked with a chuckle.

"Oh, I'm sure they do," Duna shrugged, "but I was never allowed to leave the general palace area."

"Ah," Farkas understood. Then, with a smirk, he rolled up his own pant legs. "Then you don't know the real fun of these little streams on a hot day," he said as he sloshed into the water with her.

Duna cocked her head curiously at him as he slowly reached his hand into the water... cupped his hand... and splashed a good handful of water, showering Duna with cold water.