Paul vs Brandon

The screen showed it all.
The battle was definitely one sided, at least till now. Hariyama, Gastrodon, Frosslass, Magmortar and Nidoking were already out of the battle. Pyramid King Brandon had revealed only two Pokemon. Regice was panting, definitely tired but ready to battle more. Regirock was down only because Frosslass knew Destiny bond. Paul knew that the odds were stacked against him.
"Torterra, standby for battle" called the purple haired trainer even as Brandon stood smirking, knowing that he had this battle in his bag.
"Torterra, frenzy plant" said Paul as the grass type sent a barrage of vines shooting up from the ground, tearing down the battlefield even as Brandon commanded Regice to use ice beam. The frenzy plant hit the ice golem, sending it hurtling down the arena. True to its legendary status, the Regice stood and sent a powerful beam of ice towards Torterra. Seeing the ice beam, Paul commanded Torterra to ward off the beam using energy ball. Energy ball collided with ice beam, causing a mighty explosion. As the smoke from the explosion cleared, it was clear that the grass powerhouse had upstaged the legendary ice golem. The tired ice type could not survive the powerful attacks of Paul's powerhouse. Torterra though, was visibly tired from the impact of the explosion.
" Registeel, finish this" said Brandon as he threw the pokeball containing his third legendary golem. In a voice devoid of emotion, the purple haired trainer muttered, "Earthquake". Torterra teared up on his back legs and hammered his front legs on the ground, shaking the ground powerfully.
Registeel fell from the impact, but somehow managed to get get a mark on Torterra's forehead, if you could call it a forehead. Looking at the mark, the Pyramid king smiled , knowing that only a miracle could make Paul win this battle. Determined to win this battle as soon as possible, Brandon ordered Registeel to use Hyper beam attack. Purple eyes of the younger Shinji brother widened and Paul shouted out " Counter with leaf storm". The hyper beam hit Torterra head on and unable to stand after the insanely strong attack, Torterra fell and almost immediately fainted. Credit to Torterra, the metallic legendary was barely standing, surprisingly after just two moves. "Return, Torterra" said Paul as he extended Torterra's pokeball. The grass Pokemon turned into a red beam of energy."We need to work on your defence, Torterra. Still, I can't deny that you didn't do good in this battle". Brandon smiled and returned the legendary to its pokeball congratulating it on a fine victory against a tough opponent.
" You've improved , Paul. Perhaps you can beat me when you challenge me the next time."
" I don't plan on challenging you soon. I will prepare for atleast an year before coming back to battle you."
" A whole year? Well, just practising won't make you good enough, boy. Your rival Ash took three attempts to defeat me."
" The next time will be my third attempt. I will try my best to win the next time. But, the next time, I will take on the Frontier challenge to take you on. I should leave now, Brendan".
" Hopefully, you will be much stronger the next time we meet, Paul", said Brandon and Paul made his way out of the battle pyramid.
Later the same day, Shinji Paul was on a plane to Veilstone city in Sinnoh region, with a lot on his mind. First, he knew that he needed a little rest after his journey through Sinnoh, the Lily of the Valley conference and the rematch against Brandon coming back to back. On the large screen in the plane, Sinnoh conference winner Tobias' battle against elite four member Aaron was being shown. Paul's eyes closed as the tired boy drifted off to sleep, while Aaron's mighty Scizor got knocked out by Tobias' Latios. This meant that Tobias had won his first elite four challenge with a scoreline of 6-4, without revealing his sixth Pokemon, shocking most of the world.