First Demand: Dead Vail Chapter 2

chapter 2: Butcher's validation

I left the well still unaware of the time and I walked pass the new body that was on the floor. If the butcher was under the police then I need to know if the body will change again.

I waited and waited then it was finally dark, but even though I knew the butcher wasn't able to get out, there was still someone swapping the body.

In an instant I ran down to catch him but he was gone by the time I got down. I should have waited because I might have missed something of value. I then walked out of Lambeth to get home but I felt like I was watched.

I then started running but still I heard footsteps weeping behind me at the same pace but I still couldn't take any chances so I ran faster, and when I finally arrived home I locked the door as fast as possible.

Despite me locking the door I just heard a knock with a slight pause in between them so I looked through the door to see an emotionless face just staring at the door while still knocking slowly. Is it possible he is aware of what he is doing because he isn't even looking at the door.

He continued knocking with this emotionless & brainwashed, I then started observing his appearance and then realised that he didn't have any eyeballs. If he cannot see then how does he know this is the right door.

Is he basing everything on nothing but sound, if that is the case then how does he know that this is my door, does he still see even without the eyeballs. As I continued thinking about his appearance he left my door but I stayed in just in case.

In concern for my safety I shut all the windows and just stayed in my room for hours. I fell sleep without notice and when I woke up I instantly went to the police to see the butcher because I have suspicions that he was the manager.

I then went to the police station to see that the suspect is being annoying and not talking to Bill which I respect him for because of hate of Bill but I need to focus.

I went into the interrogation room to see him strapped to a chair in handcuffs with the chair restrained to the wall. I walked up to him and told everyone else to get out. I then said to him "I think I saw your manager today" which was confirmed by his eyes widening despite his sleep deprivation.

In distinguish anger he said "impossible, I saw a corpse." And so, I said "Yeah I know, it was walking wasn't it." Then he fell silent which confirmed that I was correct. I left the interrogation room and then went to the graveyard to see if his body was in the grave.

His name was etched in my brain because he had the badge on when knocking on my door, I think it was Christopher Jackson. All I need to do is find a grave with the name moulded on it. I continued looking through the graves and I finally found it.

He was born in 1811 and wasn't married because he doesn't have another's name next to his and he died this year, I then dug the grave up and opened the coffin and saw no Deadman.

I knew that there wouldn't because if he was dead he wouldn't have anything to do with this case because dead men tell no tale. Knowing that information it was weirder how the butcher even mentioned his manager, yet alone just work there.

I then put the grave back under dirt and left the graveyard and went back to the interrogation room and smacked the guy because he should have told us to begin with. Wait but how is he alive... That is what I need to know the most.

I then lifted the Butchers head up and then asked "Tell me now, how did you bring the dead back." And this time instead of telling nothing but mere lies he come clean but his information is unrealistic so there may need to be future interrogation.