13| Dull-ish Days II.

Nothing could have prepared Sean for what Met said then.

It had him jolting out of bed like a firecracker was set off under his ass.

He'd only managed to reply with a 'what?!' before Met had immediately hung up on him.

He was in the bathroom now, washing his face and cleaning his teeth and fixing his short hair that was probably fine.

He paused momentarily to ask his reflection what the hell it was doing, acting so nervous. This wasn't like him. Besides, it's not like he hadn't seen Met in a long time, it was only  like a week or so. Why was this so different.

He pulled on black sweatpants before going down to open the door. He tried not to focus on the fact that he was taking the stairs two at a time.

Met was still in his car when he hung up on Sean. It was parked at the front of the house.

He glanced at his rearview mirror and looked away. He glanced at it again and this time checked his teeth.
He fought the urge to look again and find something else to fix that didn't need fixing.

Met got out of the car and went to the front door. His hands needed to find something else to do before they ripped his hair out.

Sean opened the door to a pristine looking Met. Suit and tie and a dark tendril of hair that escaped its confinement only to fall rebelliously against his forehead. He looked gorgeous. He always looked gorgeous. Sean didn't even want to begin on the body that was beneath all the multiple layers of cloth, the toned muscles, the broad--

Nothing, the broad nothing.
He didn't continue because that was the wrong train of thought. He found Met looking expectant and he realized he had yet to let him in so he stepped aside, letting the expensive dress shoes carry the man into his house.

Met settled on a table across from Sean. Elbows on the smooth surface, he was so tense and Sean himself was scared to get to the bottom of everything. The fact that they were both in the same room unsupervised and trying to find common ground spoke volumes about how much they 'hated' each other.

"Can I get you—" Sean tried to ask out of hospitality and to try to make things seem less awkward but Met only shook his head. It was going to be a long morning.

He only saw one way everything was going to go down after this. They would be damaged beyond repair.

So why was he still holding on to that rainbow in the hurricane. The nonexistent silver lining that lived in his imagination.

His nerves got the better of him before he could form a decent answer, he didn't understand how Met could be so calm at the moment.
So many things were running through his head. Internally, he was in disarray. Now, he couldn't help it.

He was going to be the one to break the ice. The words came tumbling out.

"I couldn't find you Met. When I was supposed to pick you up after that meeting, where you sold our ideas out to those money hungry scavengers. The dreams we'd spent sleepless nights working on. you gave it all away like none of it mattered." Pathetic as Sean felt, it didn't stop Met from looking at him like he had grown two heads and a third one was on the way.

"What the hell are you talking about?! Look at me Sean."

Sean had not realized that he was looking everywhere but Met. A warm hand rested on his and he pulled back. Good, at least his pride was still intact.

He looked up though, hard eyes stared back at him. He could tell Met was trying to keep his emotions in check, he seemed shocked.

"Don't even act like any of this baffles you Met! You rejected me and pushed me away, you discarded–"