Chapter 11: The Shopping Spree

Update (01/19/20): A couple of changes sentence changes. Grammatical errors were fixed.

Update v.2 (03/31/23): A few sentence changes (dialogue). Grammatical errors were fixed.

       You and Jasper followed your mom to the lobby. Miguel waved the three of you off as you stepped into the elevator, your mom clicking the first-floor button. Thankfully, no stops interrupted your descent, and you three stepped out of the elevator with ease onto the tiled floor of the built-in grocery store. When you and Jasper first arrived, you landed in the mall area on the second floor. Below that floor was a grocery store. It was pretty convenient how they built the skyscraper. Incorporating a mall with several stores, and a grocery store where the residents could get their food and other supplies easily without having to drive. You followed your mom through the almost empty store, Jasper only a few feet behind you. The three of you made it to the elevator that would take you to the large parking garage, your mother pressing the button labeled '2' after everyone had gotten inside. The elevator descended for a moment, dinging when it landed at its destination. Your mom got out first, her heeled boots clicking on the concrete flooring. "Where are you going, Ma?" Your mom chuckled, waving for you and Jasper to follow her.

       "I have a private area to park my cars so that the general public can't see them. You know, for security purposes." You nodded, continuing to follow your mother to this "secret" area. The area she was describing was at the end of the public parking garage, concealed behind a metal sliding door. Your mom stuck a key into the wall next to the covered button. After the key clicked inside the lock, the button glowed green, and your mom lifted the glass lid, pressing it. The metal door slid open, revealing a relatively big area. There were two cars inside; one was a hot pink Porsche with black leather seats, and the other was a black Jeep Grand Cherokee. Your mom walked over to the latter of the two cars, patting the hood. "I don't usually drive this one. Miguel does whenever I'm on schedule for a show or some other errand. But since my car only has two seats, I'll drive this one."

       "I call shotgun," you yelled, going around the car to hop in the front seat. Your mom giggled, unlocking the doors.

       "So childish," she said in a joking manner as she got into the car. You laughed, pulling the handle and getting in. "C'mon, Jasper." Jasper opened the left side door behind the driver's seat. She got into the car, closed the door behind her, and exhaled.

       "Comfortable?" you asked, turning in your seat to look at Jasper. She nodded, crossing her arms.

       "Much more room than your car," she scoffed. You rolled your eyes, buckling your seatbelt.

       "Everybody in?" your mom asked, turning the key in the ignition. You glanced in the rearview mirror to see that Jasper had slid over to the middle seat in the back.

       "Yeah, we're in."

       "Alright, let's go." The car reversed, pulling out of the makeshift parking space. Your mom shifted gears to drive, pulling the car out of the secluded area. The metal door closed again after the car passed under it, hiding the area again. Your mom drove out of the parking garage and into the city streets. "Anything specific we're getting girls?" your mom asked after about five minutes of silence.

       "Well, Jasper needs some pajamas. And underclothes too. Maybe a few more outfits and shoes as well. I'll just pick out whatever I like depending on what store we're in." Your mother chuckled, stopping at a red light behind a lot of other cars. The city was always busy, especially in the morning. You looked at the time on the dashboard. 9:43 AM.