55. The book of stories of Prophets (591)

Allah's Statement:"And tell them about the guests (the angels) of Ibrâhim (Abraham)." (V.15:51) And also Allah's Statement:- "When Ibrâhim (Abraham) said: My Lord! Show me how You give life to the dead." (V.2:260).

Narrated Abu Huraira:

Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) said, "We are more liable to be in doubt than Abraham when he said, 'My Lord! Show me how You give life to the dead." . He (i.e. Allah) slid: 'Don't you believe then?' He (i.e. Abraham) said: "Yes, but (I ask) in order to be stronger in Faith." (2.260) And may Allah send His Mercy on Lot! He wished to have a powerful support. If I were to stay in prison for such a long time as Joseph did I would have accepted the offer (of freedom without insisting on having my guiltlessness declared)*. (4:591-O.B)

** The Prophet describes Yusuf (Joseph)(A.S) as a very perseverant person, for he refused to leave prison unless his opponents would declare his innocence. He stayed many years in prison till, he was declared innocent. What the Prophet (P.B.U.H) makes such a supposition, is that, he only wants to emphasize the fact that is that,Yusuf (Joseph) (A.S ) was a patient man, but surely, he does not mean that he is less patient than Yusuf (Joseph)