Going crazy

Demonds- Imagine Dragons

—————————————————————

« Another creature! Do you think the RESTABLISHMENT will be able to control them? I mean a guardian captured one of them, and then released it, not knowing why. He says he was compelled, or mind controlled.» One of the two men who captured me said, worried.

-"Ohh! Come on. Do you really believe Harvey? He is just a poor guy going crazy. The creature probably escaped, and he invented that illogical excuse, so that he doesn't loose his job. Nice try though." The other one responded.

-"Mmmm yeah, you have to be right. But do you see anything logical these days? Cause let me tell you something, everything's going crazy. The RESTABLISHMENT may tell us that everything is normal, just the nuclear bomb had made some damages on people's health. But didn't you notice that only the children are affected. And didn't you hear the stories about a child with unnatural strength. Someone was walking on the street, when he saw an old women walking slowly with her cane in the middle of the road. There was a drunk guy driving his car on full speed. He was about to hit this poor elderly, when a boy rushed in front of the car. He pulled his two hands in front of him, and just like that the car stopped."
-"Ever heard of something called 'coincidence', no?"
-"I am sure this isn't a coincidence. Oh come on, how high are the chances that the car driving 120 km/h stopped instantly when she saw the child. And must I remind you that the driver was drunk. Not the drunk 'I feel dizzy', but the kind of drunk when you wake up the next morning not knowing your full name."
-"Wanna hear my opinion?"
-"Sure"
- "You're going to end up going crazy, if you keep believing every story you hear. They are just made-up stories to entertain people, who are searching for anything that might distracts them from thinking about the past years. And I understand them. These couple of years have been very tough. Even extreme is a weak word to describe the situation."
-"So you don't believe the rumors about the gir..."
-"Pls make me a favor, and shut up. Our job only consists of delivering those creatures. And NOT to investigate about what the hell is going on."
-"See, you admit that something strange is going on. I think th..."
-" AND I THINK YOU SHOULD SHUT U......."

Everything went black again. Whatever they gave me was strong. I was knocked up for a couple of hours, I think. I didn't know what time exactly, but when I was up it was daytime , and now it was nighttime. I woke up a couple of times, and heard part of their conversation, when they were talking. Only to feel my eyelids so heavy, and drive into a deep sleep again.

What are those 'creatures' they are talking about? Was that the reason that the women was freaking out? There was a creature behind me? But why they took me? And what is the RESTABLISHMENT?

I woke up again to the sound of the car's door closing. They were in front of me. The same two men with the same yellow suit.
A look of disgust were written all over their faces, as if I was covered in dirt. They grabbed me with force, as if I was going to escape. I was panicking. Maybe they will hurt me. They started carrying me out of the car, when one of them shouted: "HE IS ESCAPING!"

I stood there frozen in place, the two of them released me, and started running looking for someone. I started to cool down, breathing in and out. I felt something strange happening to my body. But I brushed it off, surely the cold fresh air touching my skin.
Then a shy voice whispered: "Come here, girl."
I came to my senses. I looked at the person who must have called me. It was a girl, around 12 years old, with long dark black hair untied, reaching the bottom of her back, eyes light blue gleaming. Even though it was dark outside you could see her eyes from miles away.
She whispered louder now: " FasTer. ThEy goNna reTurn in 57 seConds!"