The bet (2/2)

It had only passed a couple hours since the start of the task that Titania gave you, it was only midday and your adventure had only started.

At the moment you were having a competition with Oberon, the first who could reach the big tree in the center of the forest would win.

You were jumping gracefully from branch to branch, laughing alongside the King as you played like children. It was quite easy for you, since you've lived in the forest for who knows how long, and you knew how to move and what direction to take, since it was basically your home, but you have to admit that even with those hoofs he was surprisingly good, almost graceful as he jumped at high speed.

You were almost reaching your goal, the ancient tree with his long branches only a few trees away. You were running right next to Oberon and you were sure you were going to win... until you saw the grin on his face.

Suddenly you were launched forward: a small vine intertwined with your bare foot and if it hadn't been for your fast reflexes you would have fallen. As you grabbed the branch with your hands, your legs swinging in the air, you saw Oberon run forward, laughing at you.

That brat! How could he? Isn't he older than me?!

You brought yourself once more on the branch and finally reached the tree, where the faun was jumping from joy saying "I win! I win!" Again, and again.

You lost the race, but at least you didn't fall to the ground. The bet was still on.

You approached him toward the trunk of the giant tree with a serious expression, your eyes throwing daggers at that poor excuse for a King.

He finally glanced at you, "What took you so long?" He said with a mocking tone, watching you fuming.
"You know what you did, faun!" You said sternly, but he just waved his hand.
"Pff, I didn't do anything, it's just that you're a clumsy little robin, that's all!" He said laughing at your small form.

He was about to turn around when he heard a small, faint sound... a sniffle.

He quickly turned around facing you and a startled expression grew on his face as he met your (e/c) eyes.
You brought your hand to your eye, the tears starting to cloud your vision
"I-I thought we were having fun..." another sniffle "Why di-did you do that? Y-You... you're so mean Oberon!" You said as a small tear escaped from the corner of your eye.

Oberon ran to you, stopping right in front of you "Y-Y/n I didn't mean to! It was just a little prank, I swear!" He was starting to panic at the thought that he had hurt his lovely robin "Please don't cry, I'm sorry ok? See? You see me? I'm sorry! It was mean of me, so please don't cry!" He said as he grabbed her and hid his face in her neck.

........."Gotcha~"

He froze in place.

Did she just...

He quickly looked up and saw her grinning with her tongue stuck out, her (e/c) eyes void of any trace of tears.

"Y/N HOW COULD YOU?!"

"You were the one who started it!" You said, trying to steady your breathing, having a hard time keeping your balance as your body shook from the laughter.

As your fit worn off you glanced at him, a pout on his face as he watched you.
He once again dug his head in the crook of your neck ".....I'm sorry, I won't do it again" he said, muffled by your hair.

"Promise?"

"...I promise" he said with regret still in his voice.

At that you returned the hug as hard as you could "Then you're forgiven! Now let's go find something to do until Titania returns!"