Chapter 5: Making Up

Jatavia
December 12th
1:07 AM

I hate to say it, but I had to be the dumbest city girl alive. I couldn't believe how easy it was for him to have that much control over me.

I continue to preach in my songs how you can't fall in love with these men, and how important it is for them to work for what they want, but here I was just giving in to one. I guess Dave just had that affect on me though, it's always been that way.

I got up from my position on the bed to head into the shower, but before I could make it in the doorbell rang, letting me know that I had a special guest at the door. While walking towards the door, I took a deep breath before contemplating on if this this was the right decision but honestly it's far too late to be second guessing anything involving us.

"Who is it?" I said drunkenly.

"You know who the hell it is, now open up for me."

"It's the arrogance for me." I said while unlocking the door

As he stood on my door step, I looked at him up and down while rolling my eyes before he could enter in the house.

"What's the attitude for Jatavia? You can't even greet a nigga without the lip and the eye roll."

"What you mean? Was I supposed to run in your arms like a dumb ass? Did I not just cuss your ass out tonight or you forgot that you was boo'd up with a groupie?" I stated in a calm a voice. This was the same ole Dave from back in the day, he just looked ten times better and had a little bit more money.

Some things actually never change.

"I ain't come over here to argue with you, I'm tired of doing that shit. We been doing it since we were kids, it's time we get this shit together and act like we can just sit and talk like civilized adults." Dave said while getting comfortable on my couch.

"Let's talk then Dave." I said while sitting across from him.

"Okay, well I first wanna say that I'm sorry for the bitch at the club. She was asking for a picture and I guess she was just a touchy person but I still should have set some distance and that's my fault."

"Ok maybe he did change just a little," I thought to myself.

I was just so used to him brushing everything under the rug and forgetting about it until I brought it up.

"Ok, and I'm sorry for ignoring your calls for a week straight I just figured that maybe we didn't need to go down that toxic path again." I said.

"So you think we shouldn't be together?" He asked while looking at Tv that's wasn't on.

I wasn't sure if I wanted to be with Dave right now, but I knew that I couldn't love anyone else like I loved him. We were literally all each other had for so long but we became so toxic.

"No, we shouldn't be together until we can fix what was already broken between us. There's no trust on my end at all Dave. I'm so fucked up about the past that I'm not sure if I can even go down that road again." I said.

"I understand Jatavia....I put you through too much, but I'm getting you back no matter the circumstances. If we gotta be adults and become friends all over again I'll gladly do it. And I know I got a lot to prove and I'll work on it."

" I wanna see it Dave, not hear it,"

I promised myself that I would never go through a relationship like that again. It literally broke me and made me at the same time, but it taught me to love myself more than I love someone else. I just hope and pray that we can get it right this time.

"I'm hoping you can really show me you're for me Dave. I love you, but I love me more to walk away from you if this doesn't work out this time."

"I had enough time to get my shit together for you." He said while biting his lip.

"You just think you so fine and slick don't you?" I said while smiling at him

"Huh? I'm just looking at the beautiful Ms. Jt, is that alright wit you?"

"Yeah okay Mr. East." I said while blushing.

I just hoped he could really get it together. I didn't really want to walk always from the person who would always have my heart.