『1』Overexertion

Your P.O.V

"You can do this! (bey name)!" I yell enthusiastically. Free's Fafnir was draining all my beyblade's stamina. I had to try my best, even if I was on the edge of the cliff. Free calls upon Fafnir, urging me to put up a counter attack. I reacted rather late.

"Time to end this. Fafnir."

My beyblade had bursted in hit, for the hundredth time. This practice is taking me nowhere. I wanted to collapse from all the shouting, but I had to remain decently composed with Free.

"Free, you won again. I guess I'm being too easy, " I jokingly say. Free retrieves my bey and hands it over to me with a throw.

"Catch. It was close, (y/n). There will always be a next time."

I caught my beyblade and stood up, storing it into my case. The winds were stronger than usual, and it was evident the way the forest leaves swayed. My hands were burning from the accumulated pressure, and they stung with each heartbeat. I needed fresh water.

"Give me a one minute head start. Come find me in the forest," I propose.

"Sure," he replied with a shrug.

"You always do whatever I like to do." I thanked him with a smile, throwing my arms around Free for a hug.

Free's P.O.V

I had once won again against (y/n). I used to consider our battles rather dull, but the emotions she displayed so openly left me intrigued.

There was potential the way she looked in my eyes. The eyes of a rising legend. And I swore that she will be raised by me until then.

(y/n) threw herself at me for a hug, which I returned. The softness of her hair lightly sweeping against my face and the essence of fresh wind was making her look so...

"Oh, it's you again." (y/n) laughs playfully and reaches for the deer, just barely touching its nose. The deer went up its way to me, above my head. I was lying down beside (y/n). It seems the deer is curious.

I let the breeze flow on my loose shirt and looked at (y/n). She doesn't know that she was etched into a fragment of my heart.

The deer sniffed (y/n)'s hands, tilting its head as I tilted mine.

"Free. How come you have this mental connection with animals? It's like they all love you."

I held onto a strong tree branch doing upside-down sit ups with his hands at the back of my head. I hop off and get into level with (y/n) to reply.

I tilt my head at (y/n)'s question. "They just come to me, I guess."

"Come on. You were at a zoo once having a staring contest with a tiger. Didn't Ms.Karina say you had a thing for big cats? Wait..." (y/n) shakes her head, thinking about that time. "You told her she was wrong."

"You're funny, (y/n)."

She looks at me with surprise and a nervous laugh. "Oh, I guess...it's time to play the game now!"

Her enthusiasm lightens up the mood, and I watch her go.