Chapter One- Once In A Lifetime

HEY GUYS! Wow thank you so much for even clicking on this story, it already means so much! Um well I don't really know what to say but that I hope you enjoy because I'm really excited about this one! And feel free to check out my other stuff if you'd like, if this is not really your cup of tea! Well thanks anyway! ENJOY!

Dedicated to sugarsweetmiracles for the amazing cover! Thanks a bunch! IT LOOKS GREAT!

Chapter One- Once In A Lifetime

I looked at my reflection in the mirror and somewhat smiled, loving the way I looked. As my mother had said before, I was beginning to look like a young woman and I couldn't be happier.

I was dressed to impress and it was all because of the Royal Ball tonight. This ball was one of those things that teen werewolves such as myself don't miss out on. This was absolutely the only time you could really find your mate because anyone who was anyone showed up to these things and you only had one shot out of the whole year to find them.

But on the other hand these things were merely events to go to with your life partner. People like my parents, my brother Alexander and my best friend Kristin, they no longer had to worry about finding their mate because they had already found them. But for people like me, the Royal Ball was the only real chance I had in finding my mate.

I'm seventeen going on eighteen, I'm not getting any younger.

I smoothed out my dress, mostly because I was nervous and it helped me not to fidget. Mother told me not to fidget.

The dress that I wore was dark blue, my favorite color, and it was fitted up until my knees and then it went out. The dress was long sleeved and laced all over, it was beautiful. My dark brown hair was wavy as it fell on my bare back because the dress went into a V.

My mother had said earlier that the dress was wonders on my black complexion. Blunt. I know. She never liked being called African American. Said that we weren't Africans living in America, we were simply just black and there was nothing wrong with saying that.

I laugh silently out loud. The love I had for my parents was unbelievable and I wouldn't trade them for the world.

I put my fingers gently through my hair, careful not to mess up the waves, and style it a bit before leaving my room and heading downstairs.

The main room that everyone hung out in was empty and I realized that I was only one left. I laugh as I come in recognition with my parents dead faces looking up at me. I took too long in their opinion. Sorry not sorry.

My mom purses her lips jokingly before walking out of the pack house behind the Beta. My dad. We get into the car that's patiently waiting for us outside. The driver opens the door, helping my mom and I successfully slide in.

"You look great, honey," my dad says as we begin on our way to the ball. I smile warmly at him.

"Thanks dad".

The castle is only a half an hour away and as we pull up, my mom stops me from getting out.

"Hold on," she says. I roll my eyes, sighing loudly, anxious to get inside. "Remember what I told you--"

"Don't slouch, don't frown, and don't scatter the birds," I interrupted. "I know mom". She smiled and nods giving me permission to leave. She was constantly telling me these things, saying that I needed to be more inviting to boys. I mentally roll my eyes as I pick up my dress so I don't fall.

Apparently ever since I was little girl I would scatter the birds, I scared the boys away. I was too hard on them is what most would say but of course I never agreed. I was simply just being me and if the boy couldn't handle it then we were no match. I mean apart of me couldn't help it as well, it was second nature to me. Blame it on Pops if you want.