1

One day, Olivia went to work humming a Madonna song. She smiled at her fellow secretaries and placed her yellow bag with sunflower prints on her desk.

When she turned her back to them, the ladies started laughing about her wrinkled,baggy dress. She decided to pretend she did not hear them.

She made coffee for her boss and daintily placed it on his desk while avoiding his roaming hands. She smiled at him and kept her left hand hidden behind her back.

"What are you hiding, Olivia?" Her boss asked after sipping his coffee.

Olivia slowly made her way to her boss, making sure to sway her hips. She touched his arm lightly with her right hand; she let her finger slide slowly towards his arm. Her boss was smirking, the bulge on his pants growing.

"I have a surprise for you. " She said grinning. Her boss drew a deep langurous breath.

Olivia leaned to see his eyes closer before she brought a knife down his neck; she tore his veins and drew a half circle with the knife towards his collarbone. She loved the sound of him choking on his own blood. He looked better dying. Never mind his hairy hands and his sweaty bulky stomach. His eyes were bluer as he tried to cling to life.

He fell with a thud. The secretaries outside kept on talking about their husbands, boyfriends, and affairs. When she went out, there was a hush as they looked at her face and hands splashed with blood. They looked at her all over and when they noticed the knife, they all ran away.

Olivia undressed and took a new red minidress she shyly bought at a thrift store out of her bag with sunflower prints. She wiped the blood using her baggy dress before slipping into the minidress. It felt odd, too cool because some parts of her back, legs, and arms were exposed. But this dress felt lighter. She checked herself in her pocket mirror. There was a drop of blood left on her cheeck. She wiped it and dabbed it on her lips.

"There, it's like lipstick. " She said to her image in the mirror.

She found one pair of heels to match her new dress. In their haste, the secretaries forgot their shoes.

Olivia went out of the building. The police were starting to enter the lobby. Olivia watched as they struggled to ask the witness what the criminal looked like. She walked past them; her soft brown curls bouncing as she sashayed out of the building in her mini red dress and heels. No one stopped nor questioned her.