The Very Next Day on to February

—————————————————————————————————————————————————

Where: London, UK

Date: 31st January - 7th February 2020

                                                                             ~.-🦠😷🤒🤧🦠-.~

As soon as the virus cases appeared in the UK on the 31st January 2020, a public health information campaign was launched to advise people how to lessen the risk of spreading the virus.

A third case was then confirmed on the 6th February and then on the 10th of February the number of cases has risen from 4 to 8 after four other confirmed cases in London, UK.

The new cases are known contacts of a previously confirmed UK case. The virus was passed on in France.

The latest patients from the city have been transferred to specialist NHS centres, and healthcare workers are using robust infection control measures to prevent any possible further spread of the virus.

The local NHS and Brighton & Hove City Council have been working closely with Public Health England (PHE) to respond to the situation.

Public Health England have been speaking to people who have had close and sustained contact with the new confirmed cases. Their priority is speaking to those people who have had close and sustained contact with confirmed cases so that they can advise them on what they can do to limit the spread of the virus.

People have been told to 'self-isolate' and are being asked to take sensible precautions, such as staying at home and not going to work or college. This is the same common sense as avoiding people if they are suffering from a heavy cold or the winter flu.

During this time, the patients are to be supported and monitored by PHE.

Everyone is being reminded to follow the Public Health England's advice to:

Always carry tissues with you and use them to catch your cough or sneeze. Then bin the tissue, and wash your hands with soap and waterWash your hands often with soap and water, especially after using public transport.Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands.Avoid close contact with people who are unwell.

—————————————————————————————————————————————————