ⓒⓗⓐⓟⓣⓔⓡ 一

You and Rengoku are childhood friends, you both met each other in a festival that your village held every year. Even though both live in a different village, (Y/n)'s father's runs a food booth during the festival. And the Rengoku family thought going to a festival once in a while wouldn't be so bad. It was when Rengoku was walking around searching for his all time favourite food which your father sold, and that's how you two met! Rengoku finally realized that he has strayed away from his parents and ended up gerting lost. You, who's inside the booth saw the confused looking boy. 'Looks like he got lost.' you thought before pointing him out to your father. and since you and your father knows the overall of the festival, (Y/n)'s father asked her to accompany the lost boy until he found his parents, (Y/n) couldn't say no to her father and so she said....

              "Okay!"

Skipping towards the boy, The little girl greeted him with a smile. "Hello! My name is (Y/n)! You look confused, do you need any help?" She introduced herself. "Hi...(Y/n). My name is Rengoku, and i think... I'm kind of... Lost?" he replied.

"Alright! Rengoku-kun! I shall join you in your journey to find your parents!" You proudly stated, crossing your arms in front of your chest. You looked up to see the boy smiling, and saying thank you before you both start to walk around the festival.

Let's just be honest when those two walked around, neither of them remembered the reason why she accompanied the boy at the first place (to eventually return Rengoku to his parents). The two became quick friends and had tons of fun visiting other booths and playing games! With Rengoku literally dragging her from booth to booth. In the end, they went to a nearby shrine to do some prayers. Both secretly praying that they would see each other again soon! When they're on their way back to the festival, they saw Kyojuro's parents! Rengoku happily run towards his parents dragging (Y/n) along, he even introduced her to his parents! Kyojuro's father, Shinjuro, who has the same hair color as your friend and his mother, Ruka, has a semi-long black(?) hair tied loosely at the end with a ponytail and you also noticed his cute little brother, Senjuro. And with that, both say goodbyes to each other, and said that they should play together again soon.

That's literally the first time young Rengoku ever had a genuine friend that he loves to play with since his father rarely let him outside the household. Rengoku loved having a new friend. And he'd love to come to the festival again to see her!

And he did. But this time, he went by himself. And boy, he was excited to see her! faith brought them together as they bumped into each other on their way to the festival! Rengoku didn't even realised he went this early to the festival, seeing you and the now fallen boxes full of decorations for the booth... Did he got too excited to see you that he went his early?!
Rengoku stared at you for a good minute, neither of them dare saying anything...

'Oh no! Father's gonna be soo mad!' The little girl thought, starting to put the fallen decorations back inside the box, saying multiple "sorry"s continued with "i should've been more careful!" to whoever she bumped into.

"No! I'm the one who's sorry! I ran into you without even looking forward! I guess i'm just excited to see you again!" the young boy said with his usual bright smile, he stood up and held his hand towards her.

            That voice

She knew it too well, the voice of the boy that she wished to see again soon. Her eyes went wide as she whipped her head upwards to meet those beautiful golden eyes of her friend,

           "Rengoku!!"

In a moment she engulfed the boy into a bone-crushing, warm hug. Ignoring the hand that was held towards her, clutching the back of his kimono as she tightened the hug.

"(Y/n), it's good to finally see you again!" Rengoku beamed putting his hand on her shoulders, as she pulled from the hug.

"It's only been a year and you've gotten way more beautiful!!" he smiled, 'ah, that sweet smile' then helped her putting the decorations back to the box while the girl just stood there, probably speechless. Finally seeing her only friend from outside the household. It almost took her a minute until she processed what the boy just said. Rengoku even already held the decoration box towards her, mumbling a little 'here' waiting for her to take it.

She then smiled. "Thank you Rengoku, thank you so much..." finally taking the box from the boy's hand.

"No problem! It is my duty to take care of someone who's important to me!"

◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇

Soooo... How is it? I'm not that good at writing a story yet... But i hope this is enough! Sorry if there's any grammatical error and things-- hope you enjoyed!