Year Seven: Part Sixteen

"You think I'm going to die?" Voldemort looks over a younger Chance Viperoth and Chance paces in front of him.

"it's inevitable my lord Voldemort that harry potter will defeat you-"

"He will not!" Voldemort yells at his old friend and Chance stops as he thinks to himself and glances back to Voldemort.

"I want to help Voldemort but if you don't trust me-"

"It seems every time I trust you Chance my plans fail!" the snake next to Voldemort snaps and Voldemort motions to the snake.

"Calm yourself Nagini." Voldemort states sounding demanding and chance stare him over as he speaks softly.

"I have been nothing but loyal to you."

"Then find me harry potter!" Voldemort yells at the younger boy and Chance paces in front of him but stops thinking and turns to Voldemort.

"We won't find him."

"of course, we will. the death eaters will find the boy and bring him to me!"

"We won't. I know it Voldemort and I am telling you we will not find him. one day soon he will show himself and that will be the day he puts an end to you."

"I will never die!"

Chance is thrown back and hits a wall hard as Voldemort paces around mumbling to himself "i thought you knew how powerful I am? He is but a child and you still fear him, why Chance?"

Chance glances up whispering, "he is the boy who lived!"

Voldemort nods his head staring over chance and whispers "but as you said he is but a boy..."

Chance mumbles to Voldemort "tom, he will kill you, the boy seeks vengeance."

Voldemort remains quiet and motions his hand up waving chance towards him "up, I gave you one job do you remember it?"

Chance remains quiet and Voldemort nods his head "find the stone, the boy has it doesn't he?"

Voldemort paces again and chance hears the snake snap as he mumbles a reply "the boy most likely doesn't have it anymore i would assume by now Dumbledore has it."

the snake snaps again at chance and he nods his head ignoring it as Voldemort asks "do you fear Dumbledore chance? your family history and who you are, the curse breakers, the secrets that not even he knows. I bet someone like you could catch his eyes, couldn't you, chance?"

Chance thinks to himself and motions up "he's untouchable, he is Dumbledore, I, I cannot..."

"Are you afraid of Dumbledore?"

"He, he is not the one you're after we should focus on harry-"

"But Dumbledore has the stone, he is collecting everything we need, and you could help him. He wouldn't let precious potter in on it yet, still too young but you, you could easily get Dumbledore's attention."

Chance tries to control the conversation "he, he would see through its potter, his friends way easier to control."

"Do you fear Dumbledore?"

Chance shakes his head "I would be stupid not to and besides potter is your goal, the boy who lived is the one who dies not Dumbledore."

Voldemort stops and stares over chance as he asks, "if you were given the chance would you not strike that man down?"

Chance glances around the room and shakes his head "that is not my job..."

Voldemort begins to circle him staring him over "yes the time turner, the man from the future, the curse breaker just exploring, just having some fun, he dies anyway as you said, it was my greatest victory? so why not, you can always turn it back, why not try it?"

Chance thinks carefully and speaks calmly "because Tom that is not why I am here, the future must not change."

Voldemort stops pacing and speaks "so then what happens?"

chance looks down at the ground and mumbles "he will kill you."

Voldemort screams waving his wand and knocks chance back as he screams "just do your job." Chance hits a wall and feels his back crack with the blast as he hears a voice mumble next to him "you really need better friends master..." He blinks eyeing a house elf nodding towards him as he slowly passes out.